Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blue psychology

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of taking a risk and going with my family to St Anton. My father will ski pretty much any piste, jr can already follow me offpiste (a little) if I allow him to, but my mother is keen on sticking to the blue runs, by and large.

I know that some of the blues in St Anton are slightly trickier than blues elsewhere. Now I've seen my mother's technique and she has no problem in dealing with red runs. She's not a timid skier, either - in fact the reason I wouldn't take her on a black run is that she can carve (well, keep the skis on edge) a little too well, and will probably pick up too much speed.

So is it a wise idea to go to St Anton with them or should I look elsewhere? Comments of blue run lovers especially appreciated.

(Why choose St Anton? relatively cheap passes for seniors and kids, good snow record, first ski trip to Austria for the rest of my family, nightlife for me and the mrs, maybe some offpiste for me...)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we took the sister in law 3 years back on her first trip as a beginner - and it was fine - the blues are fine for beginners - you should find some of the reds are OK too for an intermediate of that level, there are plenty of either short reds or long runoffs.

The worst bit is the wierd restaurant with the slide to the loos ( easier with the ski's off )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like she'd be fine - the pistes in St Anton aren't particularly hard, just they can get chopped up and bumpy quite quickly. She'd probably love Rendl, there's lots of stuff from the top of Gampen. Also the long red from the top of Schindlergrat is one of the best pistes I've skied (and one of the most scenic lift rides too!).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
take them to lech for the day. loverly for your mum
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy