Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EB White Book 25

Poster: A snowHead
Landed on the door mat this morning, look like its a choice of dayglo or garish if you want new clothing this season!

Oakley Airbrake goggles, me want ones! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Big Mountain: This look is all about skiing away from groomed terrain - from lift access off piste to hiked back country terrain and big mountain steep and deep. GORE-TEX fabric shell garments dominate this sector worn over low bulk lofted layers. Colour palate is edgy and bright and fit is relaxed but aggressively engineered for high-energy performance.
Key Brands: Norrøna and Arc’teryx are the brands that push the boundaries here and Scott are the new kids on the block to watch!
Favourite Resort: Chamonix

Freestyle: Youthful urban inspired skiwear for the freeski gang using the whole mountain as a funpark! Style is very military and workwear inspired with dark neutral and earth colours sometimes ‘popped’ with bright pants and goggles. Relaxed fits dominate and jackets are often cut longer, giving great slope to street wearability.
Key Brands: The North Face, Quiksilver and Roxy.
Favourite Resort: Verbier

Alpine: This is a very ‘front side’ resort look celebrating sleek athletic style for high speed piste charging. The feel is wealthy, fast and streamlined, with aggressively engineered lines. Colour palate is opulently dark or sporty jewel bright. Fabrics are high performance and stretch. Essential après ski/urban garments compliment this sector with luxurious down jackets, warm earflap hats and lots of luxury fake fur!
Key Brands: Spyder, Eider, Schöffel and Salomon all effortlessly combine high-end performance with luxury whilst Barts accessorises with panache.
Favourite Resort: Courchevel 1800

Marketing copy fumble. Really TNF and a couple of Quiksilver brands is all they can come up with Freestyle? Really down wiv da kidz. Big Mountain is now a"look"?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, it's all about the look. make sure your boots match your noronna kecks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, I dont know what i'm going to do, there's almost nothing to match my boots! Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Marketing copy fumble

yep, makes me want to buy anything but all those brands. By contrast, S+R have worked out that less is more, they put hardly any copy in the clothing section of their book.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, but your boots are rotten egg yolk yellow, there must be something there that will clash with them, surely? Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally, I sport the 'liquorice allsorts' look purely because each individual item has been bought for fit plus material and construction quality. Nothing matches!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:
robboj, but your boots are rotten egg yolk yellow, there must be something there that will clash with them, surely? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bright pink would clash beautifully with rotten egg yellow Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
Quote:

Big Mountain: This look is all about skiing away from groomed terrain - from lift access off piste to hiked back country terrain and big mountain steep and deep. GORE-TEX fabric shell garments dominate this sector worn over low bulk lofted layers. Colour palate is edgy and bright and fit is relaxed but aggressively engineered for high-energy performance.
Key Brands: Norrøna and Arc’teryx are the brands that push the boundaries here and Scott are the new kids on the block to watch!
Favourite Resort: Chamonix

Freestyle: Youthful urban inspired skiwear for the freeski gang using the whole mountain as a funpark! Style is very military and workwear inspired with dark neutral and earth colours sometimes ‘popped’ with bright pants and goggles. Relaxed fits dominate and jackets are often cut longer, giving great slope to street wearability.
Key Brands: The North Face, Quiksilver and Roxy.
Favourite Resort: Verbier

Alpine: This is a very ‘front side’ resort look celebrating sleek athletic style for high speed piste charging. The feel is wealthy, fast and streamlined, with aggressively engineered lines. Colour palate is opulently dark or sporty jewel bright. Fabrics are high performance and stretch. Essential après ski/urban garments compliment this sector with luxurious down jackets, warm earflap hats and lots of luxury fake fur!
Key Brands: Spyder, Eider, Schöffel and Salomon all effortlessly combine high-end performance with luxury whilst Barts accessorises with panache.
Favourite Resort: Courchevel 1800

Marketing copy fumble. Really TNF and a couple of Quiksilver brands is all they can come up with Freestyle? Really down wiv da kidz. Big Mountain is now a"look"?

Wow. That's pretty 'special...'
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mine came today too, some nice stuff, and expensive
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue wrote:

No, they're orange.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That is not an orange like the old Technicas, they are like an old egg, admit it Laughing I likeZero-G's idea of pretty in pink for you though, ask your OH what she thinks Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

there's almost nothing to match my boots!

Aren't most boots see thru now? (Mine are) - Can't see see-thru ski clothing catching on Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, No orange as in Daleboots, any colour you like as long as they're orange. on the clothing subject I'll stick with the old North Face gear for another year.

http://www.daleboot.com/vff.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno wrote:
fatbob, it's all about the look. make sure your boots match your noronna kecks

Would you believe it... Norrona don't make undies Sad Arcteryx do (and they're a bargain at forty quid) but they're boring black. Whatever is the world coming to?
ski holidays
Spot the mistake on page 161. Here's a clue: it's got something to do with Head.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy