Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Demo advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am travelling to UTah in Feb 2012,

I will take my own ski's which are strato 80, rated as 80/20 groomers. Which are great for carving on piste. But happy to leave them at accom if we get a lot of snow.

So expect I will want to hire some demo all mountain ski's (I hired some 100 at foot in Japan last year which were good, but Im thinking wider this time)

I am 180cm tall weigh 93- 98kg (tring to loose some refer 93 dream ) skiing level in the advanced intermediate bracket on piste, off piste early stages.

I dont know a lot about ski technology so looking for some advice on some skis I should look to Demo

twin tip?
soft flex for my weight, off piste?
my current skis are 170's but I think the wide skis need to be longer, is that right?
how wide should I go, and still be able to do a bit of carving?

any other advice welcome

Cheers Richo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crying or Very sad
bump Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there are so many good skis out there try all you can but the conditions are going to dictate what will be best, if you get good fresh then go for as fat and rockered as you can get, size will be 185cm plus for your height rocker skis shorter, most new powder skis have some form of it in the last 2 years, some will be twins some not i wouldn't care about that too much of course they ski different but it's how a ski is overall that matters, i should think you will get a nice varied choice in Utah.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
great thanks Geeo, I have been reading some of the other posts around and looking into rocker a bit more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy