Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Ski Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Just received my new pair of Movement Source 2011/12 skis as a warranty replacement (old ones de laminated in the space of a season!).

I am now exploring the possibly of getting some new bindings, does anyone have any ideas!

I guess there maybe some questions first, little on piste and as much off piste!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roche1800, Marker Dukes, brilliant
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
markymark29, thanks for the post, can you tell me why they are brill?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and they appear to be a touring binding . . .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roche1800, They are a very solid cross-over binding, myself and a good pal have them on our freeride skis and they can be used as a traditional binding but also flipped over into a semi-touring binding (bit heavy for all day touring) if need dictates for future use. The ride is extremely solid and very responsive, you just feel totally planted. I was amazed the difference between a freeflex binding and the Dukes, same ski and different bindings, totally different ride. they do the same binding but without flip-over option, if you look on Marker website it'll tell you which they are. Super-engineered which I like too (but costly I guess, downside but buy in the summer sales).

Highly recommended also............ just in process of having Quiver Killers put on 2 sets of skis for next season so can take both (Mantras for every day and White Dot Redeemers for pow days), see jonsskituning for details, great system so you can trasfer your bindings from ski to ski, via a captive nut system.

PM me if you want any more info. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends if you're going to do any skinning, but i'd vouch for everything Markymark29 says as far as performance goes. I have the Baron (same as Duke, Plastic instead of metal) and they are rock solid. I do skin a bit (not a lot) so they're a good compromise.

If you have no intentions on skinning to some off piste stash, then look elsewhere.

Other bindings that have impressed me are Fischer Railflex. Nice and solid feeling and let the ski get on with doing the flexing while the binding rests on a plate.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 and shoogly,

Not into skinning at present so to go for that option at the moment is not really on my list! However I am extremely interested to hear and learn more on the difference between normal bindings and the Dukes - can you tell me more.

I will have a look at the Fischer Railflex.

But hey thanks for the input so far . . .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
markymark29, just sent you a pm
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FKS if you don't want to tour. Dukes if you're touring just a little bit. Dynafits/Plums if you'll be mostly touring.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
roche1800, agree with brshain, rossi FKS or Look pivot, most elastic of all, very short mounting footprint, the pivot 14 has vertical release toe and the turntable heel. Real easy to get back on in powder, lift the heel by hand. Bullet proof. The old axial 1 is nearly as good, but gets a bit sloppy over time in the heel and the ramp can be a bit extreme, so needs the toe shimming.

I have railflex on my watea 84, its ok, but quite narrow footprint on the ski, and there is quite a lot of lift, which may not suit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brshain, thanks for input, will look them up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What about the jibs roga is selling? You could save yourself a fair bit. My daughter has them on her skis and they seem very sturdy, she's skied on them for 2 years, including a fair bit of off piste. she is very light though. I'm far from an expert though
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a pair of saloman czars from a few years ago, all mountain/powder skis. Can anyone recommend a decent pair of bindings to slap on them? cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carroz wrote:
roche1800, agree with brshain, rossi FKS or Look pivot, most elastic of all, very short mounting footprint, the pivot 14 has vertical release toe and the turntable heel. Real easy to get back on in powder, lift the heel by hand. Bullet proof. The old axial 1 is nearly as good, but gets a bit sloppy over time in the heel and the ramp can be a bit extreme, so needs the toe shimming.

I have railflex on my watea 84, its ok, but quite narrow footprint on the ski, and there is quite a lot of lift, which may not suit.

+1 I have three pairs of Look Pivots
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ludwigk wrote:
carroz wrote:

+1 I have three pairs of Look Pivots

Yep i have look pivots/rossi fks, great bindings. Little bit more expensive but they last and keep you in when you don't want it to be prereleasing.
snow report
+1 Duke or the Barons from me. I tested the Movement Source in Feb as did our manager, they had Dukes on them if I recall, which is a safe bet and the reason they were mounted to a demo ski! We do like the Look bindings, and use them with Dynastar skis in particular due them working well together, but I don't think I have ever seen a Duke fail on our biding test machine, they are easy for any competent ski tech to fit securely, and deliver. Not too heavy either for such a solidly built binding. It's a best seller for a good reason, as there are cheaper out there.

Barons also very good, I have some of those running on a pair of 50/50 skis, solid underfoot, and under my weight too, which is impressive to say the least!

Hope this helps

ScottyDog

PS - You have a damn nice ski by the way, you are going to enjoy those! Look great too I think.
snow report
I've been using Barons for the last couple of years on my everyday ski, and also the last season on my 'charger/'powder skis.

Absolutely bombproof, never had a pre-release, lap up abuse.

However, if you're not touring there's no point getting them at all. Get something lighter. No idea what, but whilst the advice here is accurate, there's no point spending the extra (and lumping 'round the extra weight) if you're not gonna get the benefit from them. However, if you do the odd 30 min - 2 hour hike mixed in with the downhill, get them.
snow report
Mnay thanks for all the tips and advice to date!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy