Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying used/new ski's - help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Basically i am looking at buying my first set of ski's - january will be my 6th skiing trip abroad and can ski most slopes and enjoy them. I am looking to buy as hopefully will be able to get a couple of trips a season in due to a change in jobs and more flex on hols.

Anyway enough the background, i thought for my first paid i may look at a good used pair and wondered where would be the best place to buy these? Would ex rental ones be any good? and is it actually possible/cost effective to do this from the UK? or should i just go out and buy a new set?

Hopefully not stupid questions! and apologies if this is in the wrong section - if so happy for admin to redirect.

Thanks in anticipation of any help/advise.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ebay isn't too bad ski price wise at the moment if you know what you are looking for, add some details of the type of skiing you do and the likes and I'm sure folks will be along with suggestions if you don't know what you want. I've just picked up a set of new Storm twintips from ebay nice and cheap.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As for type of skiing its 95% piste skiing, generally reds and enjoy playing around at the side of blues with the little jumps etc! I would class myself as intermediate but want to keep improving!

Open to suggestions of models etc - the last couple of years i have been given salomon tornados which i have got on well with but as i say open to anything that would suit really.

Would love to be able to pull off twin tips but wouldn't be able to do them justice at the minute.

I have to admit, i have become addicted to everything skiing in the last 5 years but lack knowledge regarding skis and which type would 'suit' me so any advice is greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Skis.html you should find something here, their shop in Tamworth is really friendly and helpful as well and not too far from Nottingham!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would put a wanted advert on snowheads buy sell and exchange I've heard it's very good!!!! Buy before the season gets going and bargains are out there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it that time already?, ..male? female? height? weight?....trying to master bumps? steeps? want to go to off piste as soon as poss? want to jump (note you reference to small jumps)...

post these details and then we'll all have a better sense of what might be right...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it that time already?, I started skiing three and a half years ago and have just bought my first pair of skis from skiwear4less, as mentioned by davkt, above. Although I wasn't able to demo them I compared the spec. with other skis I had demoed. I skied them for the first time today at an Inside Out Ski Clinic at Hemel and really love them so would second that at as a place to try. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic, just need to get a bit of an idea as to the sort of ski i'm after but then that would be a good idea, bound to be plenty of snowheads with spare/old unwanted skis.

Valais2, I'm male, 22, 5'11 and about 11.5stones. more bumps and steeps really and would love to get onto the jumps...so i was thinking an all round piste ski??? just not sure which, so many different ones.

Iski, what kind of skiing to you do? which skis did you go for?

Davkt, cheers for the tip, will get on and have a look.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy