Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

working those never used muscles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all
After my first snowboard lesson, I was surprised at how sore the side of my calves were (particularly the left leg - regular). Now, I know that since it was my first time, it took a little while before I was getting the proper movement down and so was stressing muscles that shouldn't normally be worked. But that makes me think on some exercises that will get those muscles moving more in preparation for my first snowboarding trip. From what I've read, most exercises focus on leg strength but not much on the side of calves. Do any of you have good exercises that can be done at home? I've seen the one of spelling out letters with your foot. Any others?
Cheers
Alan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Alan, if you try calf raises this should help, but, change your stance whilst doing them. That is, instead of simply going up and down onto your tiptoes turn your feet outwards like a penguin and do them, then turn your feet inwards like a pigeon and do the same. Don't count reps just do it til the burn gets too bad to continue, rest a min and start again, then, repeat once again and leave it at that each day.
Muscles like calves and fore arms need shocking into growth and strength gains so loads of reps are good.

Even better do it on the edge of a step so you get a full stretch on your calves. Use correct form and feel yourself stretching the muscles.

Hope this helps!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ps, after snowboarding and before try to stretch the muscles with a basic calf stretch and give them a good massage after boarding and doing calf raises. A reet good massage with your thumbs!

Sorry, forgot to say, adjusting the position of your feet whilst doing calf raises targets the inside and outside of your calf muscles.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think we do somethign that might help at my resistance class.

lay down sideways lower knee bent , head propped up by lower arm, upper leg straightish and move ina box rotation, then switching directions. It hurts on the the outside of my calf.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys.
I will give those a try and hope they do the job before my trip in Nov.
Cheers
Alan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy