Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bandit B2 replacement ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am toying with the idea of replacing my Bandit B2's which are about five years old and have 6-7 weeks of snow under them.

As only ski one week a year, wont have a chance to try in resort. I like the skis but think maybe something slightly stiffer would be better as really only ski on piste to level 6 standards (ski everything but struggle with moguls and ice on blacks) wouls love to get into off piste so maybe another all mountain ski but tbh don't have a clue.

Would something like the new Rossi experience 83's fit the bill ?

Cheers !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's rare that I say this (because I think there are huge consistency benefits to be had in owning/trusting your own kit) but the cost of purchasing and transporting your B2's for 1 week a year is more than renting would have been. I'm assuming you have your own boots so why not just rent some up-to-date decent skis each year, with the option to change them if you're not comfortable?

Alternatively, are they the predominantly white B2 c2003-5 (great ski) or the predominantly blue B2 released I think 2006 (not a great ski - I had both!)? If they're the white one I'd stick with them for a bit longer - they're a very flattering ski for most people. Spending the extra 500 quid on a second week's skiing/year would do far more for you than new skis.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha I've got the '06 B2's. I think once you have owned skis you don't tend to go to rental, its not much hassle to transport and no faff in the rental shop, yes i know economically it does'nt make sense, but then skiing in itself for us englanders does'nt make sense economically either !!

At the moment I can only do one week a year.
Has the technology improved much in 6 years of ski development, would I, at my level of skill, notice any change ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2planks wrote:

At the moment I can only do one week a year.
Has the technology improved much in 6 years of ski development, would I, at my level of skill, notice any change ?

It's a tough call. Problem with only being able to do one week/year is that you never really progress, as I'm sure you already know. You've just about acclimatised to the altitude and your legs have stopped hurting when it's time to go home again!

Ski development has moved on considerably - titanium/basalt/bamboo layers for response and smoothness are commonplace, rockers and squarish noses are now on piste biased skis, various vibration absorbing mechanisms - so there's a fair chance you'll notice the difference, especially as the blue B2 was a distinctly average ski to start with.

Anyway, given that you don't like bumps and ice, I think you may find the move to an 83mm waist (from 78mm) on an Experience 83 doesn't do you any favours although I have seen some good reviews of the new Experience range. If you like French skis the new Salomon Enduro range is picking up some fantastic reviews. The XT800 just got a near perfect review in Ski & Board but might(?) be too much for your level. If so, you could drop down to the RX800. Ellis Brigham stock both - why not go to a fridge and test them? You could also compare them with your B2's to see if you notice a difference.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a set of B1's (been on these for about 6 years) and believe it or not 3 sets of b2's plus another set of b2's that are new (just in case,I like b2's),I also have a set of missions,and over the last 3 years have skied at least 20 other sets of ski's but just like you I like bandits I also have another set of ski's, there kinda like a super b2 bet you would like to know what they are..............there watea 78's,there a bit stiffer,they carve a bit better,they need just a little bit more driving,you should try some,enjoy (ps there light just like the b2's as well,I hate heavy ski's!!!!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
have a look at Movement Source
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy