Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Ski Show... anyone going..?

Poster: A snowHead
We are planning on attending October 16th, anyone else going..?

~Mac
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
going on the saturday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
going on Sunday
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I´ll be there.

Why don´t we arange to meet for a coffee and say hello.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
visitors or exhibitors?

last year they were calling every ski related business this side of iraq to try and get them to take a stand (and lying about who else had signed up!!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Visiting on the Sunday.

Surprised to see it back, combining it with the outdoors show must have saved it, as it was just not enough on its own.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
why would I pay money to spend my weekend wandering around a soul-less exhibition hall full of ski industry nob's all trying to sell me stuff ? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm only going because I get a free lift pass with entry... Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I popped in on the Saturday last year (just happened to be up there). The star attraction was Eddie The Eagle Edwards. With a big fanfare, they took him up on a cherry picker and we all watched open-mouthed as he flopped off that cherry picker into a big air bag. No skis, no ski wear, no helmet, just him in his casual gear. It was hilarious and highly embarrassing all at the same time. It can only improve.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
LOL can't wait now!! Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lol, we'll we have never been before and its only a short trip up for us so we thought we would go along Sunday.

@Haggis Trap, too much anger...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Might pop in if i can get away from work but i hope its better than last year when it was pretty dreadful tbh
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got free tickets last year so went along and stayed for about 30 mins, it was pretty dull, hope for everyone that's going this year it's a lot better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I visited last years show with Mrs Sideslip and I thought it was okay for a first event. We were there in time to see the cycle stunt team display which was worth watching. We are planning another visit on the Sunday morning.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
goin sunday and to justify the trip, i might just pop to the snozone for a wee pre winter slide Very Happy
snow report
I got my money back from groupon after I saw the full price was not 52 pounds
ski holidays
glasgowcyclops wrote:
I got my money back from groupon after I saw the full price was not 52 pounds

yesh that was a bit of dodgy promo, turns out its a lottery which resort you get a ticket for too - bit cheeky of them!
ski holidays
Went today. Thank goodness I was in Glasgow anyway - would have been seriously p'd off if I had made a special journey to visit. Only good points were the Aberdeen Angus burgers - seriously tasty and worth buying - and the free ski pass. Shan't be back.
snow report
deerman wrote:
Went today. Thank goodness I was in Glasgow anyway - would have been seriously p'd off if I had made a special journey to visit. Only good points were the Aberdeen Angus burgers - seriously tasty and worth buying - and the free ski pass. Shan't be back.

Do you need to go to pick up the free ski pass?
snow conditions
Alans deep bath, You need to have bought your ticket online beforehand (and it will show which ski area you l have been given a pass for) and you then get it stamped at the show to validate it.
snow report
deerman, cheers, might just head down to get it stamped and come home Laughing
snow report
We were going to go but held off getting tickets as wasn't sure which day, now I've went into the site to get a ticket for today, but you can't get them online now:(. Was really only going for the free pass, and don't think you get it if you pay at door, anyone know?
snow report
Gilly28, you don't get it if you pay at the door.

Worth the tenner today for the free (Nevis for me) lift pass and 2 edge and waxes at Ellis Brigham.
ski holidays
Alans deep bath,

Ach mad I didn't just book through the week now!
latest report
Gilly28, dunno, if it had been anymore than 10 minutes away I reckon I'd feel hard done by. There wasn't much of interest at the stands.
ski holidays
It was more for the free lift passes, worth it for that. Oh well.....
latest report
I am going to disagree. I actually really enjoyed going. I don't get to a lot of these things and I didn't feel particularly hard done to. Rivington Alpine were doing the most amazing amount of trade. There were some good deals to be had on the day. DPS skis were on sale Shocked discounted but too expensive for me until I put the preachers out to pasture.
We pootled round for a good few hours entering the competitions and talking to lots of people who were all as nutty about skiing as us.

The free ski passes were a bit of a winner but can not be exchanged or swapped after validation, which is a bit of a shame. Heard a few people asking where White Dot Freeride were, it looks like they were missed.

It was a nice way to lose a few hours on a Saturday, and the burgers were great!
latest report
Decent event I thought. Just now got back, we tied in a trip to Braehead Xscape as well so a good day all in all.

Loved the Oakley stand, was happy to splash the cash there (I think I have a problem)

Aberdeen angus smelled good but the size of that line looked baaaaad!

A bit dissapointed by the free ski passes:
#1 Off-peak only
#2 Booked 2 tickets, got 1 pass for Cairngorms, 1 for Glencoe..!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mac22,

Ski passes for diff resorts - I wondered about that, but decided it would still be worth it, just means 2 trips - will save us half of what we would spend on passes each trip.
ski holidays
Thought it was well and truly worth it... Just to see the look on our wee ones face when she got to stroke an owl Very Happy

The ski stuff was as predicted, and I got a new pair of Dragon goggles for a very reasonable price Cool

Also got to take a look at DPS skis in the flesh for the first time... me want.

The skiing and biking displays were ok I thought and as has been said, the burgers were great!

Only thing i'd like to have seen (apart from more gear from the manufacturers?) was something more for young kids to enjoy. Maybe a soft play area and a wee nursery slope for kids to try skiing would have been good.

Needs development, but the show has great potential I thought.
latest report
Compared to last your it was a definite improvement. I would like to see it grow from here. It's taken a while to resurrect this event so it would be good to see it expand and get some more exhibitors in next year.
snow conditions
Knew the lift passes were allocated at random but assumed having booked 2 tickets we would both get them to the same place; was hoping to try and wangle an extra days holiday from work to use them! Wouldn't be a probelm if you could use them at weekends!

Thought there would be more in terms of gear and clothing for sale.Would probably be more of benefit if we hadn't already booked our skiing holidays as looked like you could get a bargain. Sounds like better than last year though.
ski holidays
Hmm, didn't go last year so can't compare, but decided to travel through from Edinburgh to check it out... All in all have had a better return on £18 (£6 for the car park!). Expected more gear to be on show. Scored a goodie bag of "ski treats" from Crystal Ski, from their small-and-inconceivably-hard-to-find stand (are they not the UK's largest operator?!), I am now the proud owner of a pen and a few stickers. Managed to tie it in with a visit to friends in Glasgow, which rescued the trip somewhat.

Agreed on the Aberdeen Angus burgers though Happy
snow report
glasgowcyclops,

How did you manage to get your money back ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy