Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski glove recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise on some good skigloves for this season. Donty want to spend a lot - £30max. Had some Head ones last season and they were terrible - my hands got really sweaty and they ended up stinking after a couple of days. Any particular make/model for a red-slope skier
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seen these. They are £35 everywhere else, but they are selling for £20. They match my White Rock jacket. Anyone had them? http://www.outdoorgear4u.co.uk/category/ski-wear/mens-ski-snowboard-gloves/white-rock-air-ski-gloves.php
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ha ha, just found these. what do you wreckon http://www.alexski.com/epages/es114446.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es114446_es122113126086/Categories/%22Men%27s%20Ski%20Gloves%22 wouldnt wear if given to me, let alone the crazy price tag!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went through countless pairs of cheaper gloves before splashing out on a pair of Hestra Ski Cross gloves, paid about double you budget but have saved more than that by no having to buy more cheap pairs to replace all the ones that fell to bits, didn't work, didn't like etc over the last couple of years!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Though size dependent Hestra might be in your price range http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HESTRA-GTX-EAGLE-SKI-GLOVES-MENS-SIZE-8-RED-RRP-50-/140596817052?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item20bc392c9c There seem to be size 8, 9 and 11 available at the moment.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 25-09-11 20:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want something that won't smell as much, stick to natural materials. Leather, sheepskin, wool, anything but plastic basically. I have absolutely no idea why, but everything I've got that's made of man-made fibre ends up smelling more than anything natural.

As a result suggestion is this: http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/ssvenitexFBF15 they are probably as breathable as anything else, and should be plenty warm enough.

The grade of piste you are skiing makes little difference, unless you are a complete beginner or skiing the top of Everest, the gloves are all about personal preference.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have some dare2be mits, they were 25quid and excellent. Had a pair for about a year and a half and just bought a brand new pair this season. Not sweaty, smelly and plenty warm enough!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow & Rock online outlet store have some gloves. I bought a pair of Salamon gloves from there recently. Haven't tested them of course but they feel nice on and I like the leather palms. Half price so well within your budget. Having said that the Hestra ones mentioned above may have tempted me if I had known about them. I like the Red colour.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks all. still not sure what to do. I like the White rock ones as they match the coat. Always had cheap(er) gloves and never had problem with them falling apart. Only pair ever had problem with was last years HEAD. Just tried them on - they are a Large and are tiny on me, but tries some North Face ones today and the Small are quite big. Dont think I will order online as will end up with wrong size. Will wait a few weeks and wait for the range to increase in shops

thanks again
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just get Hestra, you'll save plenty of money over the next decade or so with them...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jon Ford, Expensive but the dogs..... nothing worse than cold hands, on my 3rd pair, one lost one worn out.............Hestra Army Goretex

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psAffiliateSet.cgi/316012%7Cfroogle
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or if you have the cash and want something a bit less bulky these are mine:
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/1990/products/Hestra_Leather_Ski_Cross_Glove_Black.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got something in the middle of the above two from Hestra and they are quality. Passed my old Hestra gloves off to a mate and they are still going strong after serious amounts of abuse.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool http://stoicgear.com/home/mens-apparel/mens-handwear-hats/stoic-welder-gauntlet-glove-fall-2010/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hestra gloves are very nice (even if the wrist loops make you look a bit special wink ) but I've not seen anything that looks as good as the gloves referenced by Monium above in the budget end of the market.

In related news anyone recommened any decent leather care cream (not too bothered about dubbin as I've goretex inserts but would like to soften my gloves off a bit)?
snow report
fatbob, Hestra leatherbalm, seems about a fiver everywhere but raymears.com has free postage under a tenner, ordered my new supplies yesterday tea time and it was here this morning.
latest report
Managed to get some Dakine Elements gloves. SHould have been £55 but got for £27 as they are 2011 season. Really nice fit and got
removable inner-glove making it 3-in-1. Chuffed with glove and price and matches the jacket. cant knock it
thanks for all help - just couldnt justify the Hestra costs
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy