Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon 1100 - first ski trip with children

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are trying to arrange a skiing trip for christmas 2011. We are a group of two families with children aged 3, 6, 7, 8 & 9. None of the children have skied before. Was thinking of booking in Morillon 1100 for easy access to slope/ski school etc. We will self cater so restaurants/night life in not a big issue. Do you think this is a good choice of resort for a first ski trip with the children? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi
we've stayed morillion 1100 'les eserts' and it would be perfect for what you're looking for. very small place all apartments but there is a well stocked supermarket, bakery and evey couple of little restaurants and two ski hire shops.
The nursery area is set back away from the main runs through so you get no through-traffic and it has travelators etc, we were there last week of french holidays and it was still never that busy, there were lots of kids in ski school. There are two chairs that take you up, they refere to them as the 'new or old' basically they both land at the same place (top of blue and long green), just one goes to very top section of the green and the other one dosn't, one is faster then the other.... there is a great very very long green called 'the marvel' which is good and takes you right back down to the apartments, although can be a little busy in sections during peak times, but we were there during french holidays and it really wasnt that bad. Its very family orientated there and the ski school hold a special sorta race/qualify thing at the end of the week i think.... go for it, as long as the snow is good it should be pretty good for your gang!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much for this! We have found an apartment so I think we are going to go for it! Will be my first time back on the snow since my eldest was born, 9 long years! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can recommend Le Buet apartments, if that's where you are looking. A little out of the way for the shop and nursery (if using it). They are ski in/out though. A word of caution about Morillon though. I've been 3 times in the last few years, including late March this year. When the snow is bad elsewhere, it's really bad in Morillon. To be quite honest, I don't know how they kept it open the snow was so bad. In fact, we left on the Wednesday and the resort closed on the Saturday. Lots of brown and even rivers flowing down the piste. Over in Flaine things weren't quite so bad. When the weather is playing ball it's a great place to be Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jasmatty, Morillion 1100 is a very nice resort for your ski group, for skiing and provided you really mean
Quote:
We will self cater so restaurants/night life in not a big issue
it will be OK, but there's very little to do at all, nowhere to go, no charming childrens entertainment. After dark it's rather like Colditz with nice family orientated slopes, so you'll need to pack an entertainment cap to keep the children happy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gotta say the year we were there (2008) the snow was good, so perhaps we were lucky! in fact it didn't stop snowing all week, but you can't predict it! if the snow is good, it will be a good spot for you......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy