Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WANTED OLD FRENCH STYLE NEOPRENE SALLOPETTES ANY IDEAS?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returning to skiing after 20 years, I used to have a lovely stretchy pair of neoprene style sallopettes and wondered if any company still sells them Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Prob the best thing you can get is full length race training pants.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ooh where would I get them is there an online store? Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or look at soft shell ski pants, probably what your old ones have evolved into.
And welcome to snowHeads
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well thank you kindly, I'll look for ones with extra padding for when I fall over too. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hopefully not...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lockwoods, Leamington Spa always used to carry plenty of these.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you really thought this one through?

Twenty years ago you probably stretched the neoprene in all the right places. Is this still the case? Be honest now. Remember these are skiing's equivalent of Speedo budgie smugglers.

I once had a pair but I was never quite convinced that they weren't simply old wet suit bottoms (I "inherited" them in a roundabout way) and someone was having a good laugh at my expense (with the brutal clarity of years of hindsight, I now see that they were).

The relief of peeling them off at the end of the day was tempered by the smell, the sweat and the sheer strength and contortions required to get the bsht@rds to let go of my legs. In their defence I never once felt even slightly cold in them.

If you're still keen, I'm sure there's some shops in Soho might sell you a version which you could modify i.e. to ensure the zips close.

Then there's Colmar which does racing gear.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dear Big Paua,
I didn't ever have that kind of problem with mine perhaps I had a better fit; but your reasoning is sound and perhaps I need to get with programme and just get a bit more modern But thankyou to small zookeeper I will look to see if Lockwoods have a website. you can tell how old fashioned I am this is the first forum I have ever joined so I am not even sure if I am doing this properly.
thank you to everyone who has tried to help though. Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Lockwoods, Leamington Spa always used to carry plenty of these.

I've looked on Lockwoods website and the first ski pants i saw look perfect I'm off now to make a purchase thank you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some in Ellis Brigam this afternoon.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NEWSKIER, I bought some in Barcelona in about 1995 and wore them in comfort and with pride for about 8 years until my wife and children confessed how embarrassed they were by me, so I retired them.

Plus, they have since been made illegal in 37 US states and all European countries with an E in the name.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They were the first pair salopettes I ever owned and were truly the most hideous piece of clothing I have ever worn. Interestingly, I have a mate who still wears a pair - he has absolutley no shame.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dear andyph, and Corky,

I love that my request for info on the illusive salopettes has caused such consternation, personally I think you are just jealous that I may just be able to carry off wearing such retro chic with aplomb.

Smallzookeeper, I am now the proud orderer (is there such a word) of lovely pair of Eschler Ski Pants curtesy of Lockwoods (long live the 70's/80's). And Another Thing thank you for your top tip I will get on to straight away. So when you see an unashamed French styling of pant (with person inside of course) snow plowing in Courcheval (you have to re-start somewhere) you will know your advice was all worth while (alternatively perhaps best to head to Verbier nothing there to offend the ski street cred)

Thank you SnowHeads I think we've just about squeezed as much as we can from this subject, I now move on to ask more challenging questions catch ya soon NewSkier. Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy