Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, can someone recommend a decent hire shop in or around St Anton? Something with not just the usual carving choices. Thanks J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fauner sports staff are great. Very knowledgable and also you can store your skis and boots there overnight rather than the walk back to your hotel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jablonka, Alber Drop-In next to Galzigbahn is great, and stores skis/ poles (and boots if required in heated lockers) every night, think its 2-3€ per night. Our skis got delayed by Lufthansa last year by a day and hired top range Volkl skis, all the latest gear in all the shops. Contrary to the comments that there is a cartel on rates, you can haggle and get a deal if theres a few of you. Also try the shop thats under Anton Bar (opposite the roundabout), forget the name but they have loads of freeride fat skis. Fauner +1 also.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
take your platinum amex... not cheap kit hire in st. anton
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can also vouch for Fauner. Last year used Intersport at the bottom of the slope a few strides from the chairlift. Ordered specific skis online for me and the Mrs and they were there in the rack waiting when we got to the shop. 2 mins setting up the bindings and we were off! They had a very good range of top end skis to choose from.

Teutonic efficiency at its best.... snowHead

A quick price survey will tell you that every shop is exactly the same, sky high price but there ain't a deal you can do about it. Unless, like Markymark29 says, you can negotiate a bulk deal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your suggestions. It's not for me its for my brother who is coming with us in January. Not sure what is the less of 2 evils hire or borrowing little (both of us are vertically challenged) sisters spare Atomic Century's!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prices are high, some of my mates have there own boots but not skis so I've advise that they may be better offer trying to get some secondhand skis and pay the carriage if they can find any bargains. Iv just bought some brand new still in the wrapper Rosignol S6's for £140 off eBay so might flog my old pair onto one of them!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy