Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VCan Helmet - Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking to pick up a cheap yet decent helmet and saw a Vcan helmet on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280593286177&category=90883&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Has anyone got/used a Vcan helmet as I've not heard of them and if so are they any good? Also, does anyone know if they'll accomodate my unfeasibly large Oakley Wisdom goggles?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends whether you're willing to spend £20 on something that might not fit either your head or your goggles instead of going to a shop and spending twice as much on something that definitely will. Me, I'm not really a fan of gambling Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dheason, I ski in a helmet bought from the internet for £16. Having tried on virtually every helmet in virtually every store, including the gambit of places at ski shows (at all sorts of prices to £100+) and found none to fit. In the finish I gambled on one with an adjuster like the one on your advert and it worked for me - the most comfortable, best fitting and IMHO best made helmet I'd found. It might not work for everyone - your call. FWIW I have large goggles and my cheap helmet seems fine with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dheason, never heard of Vcan, but at £20 you could always re-sell back on ebay and get your money back, I suggest if its c$%p or doesnt fit. I must admit its not for me, but its CE marked (or at least has a realistic looking Chinese replica sticker) - I value my head a bit more than to take a punt on a helmet and dont particularly like the appearance (camo etc) but for £20 you could always worst case put it on a ski-themed guy-fawkes on bonfire night.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy