Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda Mid March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at booking a mid-late March week away in the Sella Ronda. Has anyone first hand experience of what the conditions are 'likely' to be like at this time of year in this area. Not asking for historic conditions, I can find that myself and I am not asking for a long range weather forecast. Just has anyone been at this time of year and what was it like, conditions, bars & restaurants still open etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
went two years in a row late in march about 2 years ago, and both times every slope was still going strong..even had a good dump of snow..there are a couple of problem zones on really warm sunny days where you have to deal with slush mountains and lots of fallen over people. But generally most slopes were in pretty good condition and the joy of the sella is you can always find a good slope and aviod the bad ones, plus its fairly empty (depending on easter) plus having a nice apre ski in the warm sun is great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, was there march last year............get it booked.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

okay I lied, one of the trips was 1st week in April..pics of condition above..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was half contemplating a trip in that general direction in March myself, instead of or as well as s8BB. Got a couple of potential options. Won't be booking anything just yet. Gotta wait for the boss to get back from 3 weeks' leave, and don't like asking for time off too soon after I got back from a holiday either.

As for conditions. I would guess similar to last s7BB. Warm, but still plenty of snow to go around.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty much as I thought, looks like 2 trips to the Sella Ronda are on the cards for next year.

I can put myself a package together using Colletts hosted apartments (an apartment with breakfast and evening meal in a local restaurant) I remember seeing them and they are in the centre of Arabba. includes hosting and transfers, KLM flight from Liverpool is cheap. Comes in at a just over £500, not bad I think.

Yep just sent them an email and I await confirmation of availability.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spent a week around the Sella Ronda at the end of March/beginning of April last year. Blog report and photos here if you're interested.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Interesting report, have to agree about your observations regarding the pisteurs, as someone who loves corduroy I appreciate the effort. I was on this years birthday bash and it hadn't snowed for weeks and conditions then were great considering.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy