Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski school - advice needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I am booking a ski holiday to Les Arcs 1950 and I am going to use Spirit 1950 ski school. My kids are 3, 5 and 7. I understand that the 3 year old will have to go into a class on his own...which concerns me! I am worried he will hate being separated from the rest of us (everyone will be together in beginners classes). has anyone else experienced this problem? Are all the classes close by on the slopes...ie will we be able to see him when we are in our classes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo298, I can't comment on the exact question and ski school you ask, but as a parent who has had kids in ski school from a similar age I think you will probably find it best if your 3 year old can't see you. Best plan of action is to deliver them to ski school stand back let the instructor take them and then turn your back on the situation and walk off without a backward glance, even if they are in tears and 'acting up'. The ski school will have your mobile number and can call you if they really think they need you, but I think most kids will 'deal' with the situation once the instructors start to play games with them. It will depend to some extent on the maturity of your 3 year old, but the ski schools will let you know after lesson one if they are not suited to the classes for another year (at least that was what I saw happen). It is a good opportunity for your little 'un to start finding they can cope by themselves.

Qu. Are they already spending time in nursery school without you? If yes, then ski school should not pose a problem, if no, then could I suggest that you let them do some nursery school sessions before you go to get used to spending time without you before-hand?

Good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jo298, I suspect at age 3 he will be in a fenced off snow garden area, the 7 year old, and maybe the 5 year old could well be in a different beginner area. 3 is young, be prepared!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy