Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Here is a collection of first snowfall shots from Colorado.

http://freeskier.com/stories/signs-winter-colorado-gets-its-first-snowfall
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is still a touch of last years snow on top of mt rose to be seen from home.
The temps here have been warmer then normal days and cooler then normal nights, (due to enhanced radiational cooling) (sp).
We should see snow here in a couple or so weeks I'd imagine.
Looking forward to the season since the 3 oldest kids are snowboarding this year @ sky tavern.
Will have to start my annual tahoe conditions thread some day soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So excited for the coming ski season Very Happy See you soon Copper Mountain Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We now have the seasons first mention of snow in a sierra weather forecast.
From the national weather service reno office:
A WEAK COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH THE AREA TUESDAY
FOLLOWED BY A STRONG...WET COLD FRONT ON WEDNESDAY. THE FRONT ON
WEDNESDAY BRINGS THE POTENTIAL FOR A HEAVY RAIN EVENT WITH AN
ADDITIONAL 10 TO 15 DEGREES OF COOLING. SNOW LEVELS WILL DROP TO
AROUND 6-7K NORTH OF INTERSTATE 80 AND 7-8K SOUTH OF THERE BEHIND
THE FRONT WEDNESDAY NIGHT. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO. BE STRONG AND GUSTY
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TWO COLD FRONTS.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have hear alot from friends i US about Taos in New Mexico, so now the ticket is booked for february Very Happy
http://www.skitaos.org/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have never been to Taos.
Its steep from what ive heard, and steep usually needs alot of snow.
I will pray for you.
West coast precip radar feed

doesnt look windy, but yesterday it was
[img]
TAHOE 10 3 11 by tartan4, on Flickr[/img]
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I will pray for you.

3snowboards,
Thanks you will pray for me Very Happy Its steep whats friend have say to me, I have thinking about this with the snow,, last season the openingday was the 25th Novemer, and it use to be there around, and its in north of New Mexico, near Colorado, so Im not worried at all about the snow,,,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.freeskier.com/stories/more-snow-hits-resorts-around-western-us

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
my deck cam shot from yesterday.
[img]
100511 by tartan4, on Flickr[/img]
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thats me officially v excited. I've got flights booked for late in the season (2nd April) flying into San Fran and im aiming for the Tahoe area for 10 days for myself and my daughter to ski. Seeing the pics of the recent snowfall makes me hope for lots lots more Smile Time to start looking at accomodation options.

Stella
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
StellaRew, go and stay with 3snowboards Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in France now, but our Frisco rental agent said that snow was accumulating in town. To celebrate, I just offered a 15% discount for winter bookings made this month http://www.flipkey.com/frisco-chalet-rentals/p320431/

They have started making snow at A-Basin http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/ and Loveland http://www.skiloveland.com/snowmaking/, so I would expect them to be open in the next few weeks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly, hahaha - I wouldnt wish me and my 6 yr old on anyone..... but I might be asking for a few pointers for the region nearer the time as to date, I've only skied Austria Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jackson Hole October 6th

http://youtube.com/v/dGgLHMt6F8Y&feature=player_embedded
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Season definitely on

http://unofficialnetworks.com/ridiculous-october-powder-day-gold-king-basin-telluride-46520/

& Wolf Creek apparently open.
ski holidays
I hiked up in knee-to-waist deep snow at Mammoth last Friday.

10-7-11 Mammoth from Skeeze
http://vimeo.com/30222448
snow conditions
A-Basin is reporting 18 inches and opens the WROD today and Loveland tomorrow. From a local perspective, the weather has been crap, but at least it has helped get the resorts open. Epic Local and Summit Value pass prices may rise October 16, but are usually still a good deal until mid-November. http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes.aspx Combined with luxury lodging at Chalet Frisco http://www.flipkey.com/frisco-vacation-rentals/p320431/ and a group can be skiing and sleeping in luxury for under £50 pppn
latest report
Incredible autumn weather continues here.
Close to 80F here today (10 over normal temp for this date).
Not breezy enough to put up a kite (and have fun).
Mountain biked a couple hours instead to put my mind off the
Squaw+Alpinemeadows merger.
snow conditions
3snowboards, are you worried about the Squaw/Alpine merger? or excited?
snow report
dont know if i need my pass there this year.
still fall weather in the valleys.
[img]
2.5 metre by tartan4, on Flickr[/img]
latest report
noaa winter predictions came out this week.
looks good for Tahoe again.

wow, those are big!
sorry
snow report
Looks even better for Washington, Idaho, Montana & presumably BC
snow report
800 inches is enough for me (last season, same scenario).
There is a thing suchh as too much snow.
latest report
I'll take equal chances, thanks, but I hope it snows more on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays than the rest of the week.
ski holidays
Colorado is off to a good start getting hit pretty good this week (A-Basin reported 12", Loveland 20").

Take a look at DPS's Marshall Olson skiing some deep stuff the other day on epic http://www.epicski.com/t/106241/deep-turns-today-too
ski holidays
East Coast going to get ponded this weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15502380

http://www.killington.com/winter/mountain/conditions
snow report
Anyone ever been skiing in the Poconos in PA? Whats the snow usually like there?
latest report
I'm not sure if it is in the Poconos, but I spent a day at Ski Liberty just inside the PA border from MD. It was my first day skiing on the East Coast after having grown up out West. The difference was readily apparent as it rained the whole drive up from DC and the whole time we skied. The only snow they had was about 4 to 6 inches of man made stuff on the runs themselves with nary a flake to be seen in the trees, under the lifts or elsewhere. I have heard there can be decent skiing on the East Coast, but this certainly wasn't one of those days.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have finally gotten a changeover to some unsettled weather.
One local resort (boreal) has been open a week and is expanding to 4 runs and 2 lifts today.
snow report
4 Resorts in Summit County (Copper, Keystone, Loveland and A-Basin) are now offering top to bottom skiing on limited terrain with a combination of natural and man made snow. Breckenridge is scheduled to open this weekend.

With the extra resorts open, midweek crowds are not bad, but still some congestion on the weekends until more lifts/terrain are available.

Most resorts received 2-3 inches over the weekend and 7 or 8" for the week with snow expected tonight.
snow report
Is there any hint of anything resembling snow in Lake Tahoe area in the foreseeable future??!!
snow report
Dunno about Tahoe, but there's plenty up north. Schweitzer, Idaho for example.

Photos from last weekend at http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/new-year-at-schweitzer/
ski holidays
Guernseyfreerider, not in the next week. Need a big change in the longwave Northern Hemisphere weather pattern, hopefully when it comes, it will be to favourable Northern Blocking for Scotland too! Wink
ski holidays
heres hoping that theres some significant snowfall around the Utah area for my arrival on the 28th!! need the powder fix this year!
ski holidays
Its been pretty dire so far in the Rocky's

Missing snow finally turns up in Aspen

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120109/NEWS/120109853/1077&ParentProfile=1058
snow report
Just left USA after 5 weeks of skiing (just). Planned to go to Tahoe, California, but conditions were nothing short of terrible. Only a little bit of downhill skiing to speak of, and a single 1.3pm cross country loop. Left on New Year's day for California when it started raining and washed away most of the remainin natural snow.

Fortunately, I went to Mt Bachelor, Oregon, which had about a metre of snow. Downhilling was fair, with ice up the top and some nice pistes through the trees. XC skiing was great, with nearly all trails open.

The Western US is having a disastrous season, but there is skiing in Oregon and further North.
ski holidays
npmontgomery wrote:

Fortunately, I went to Mt Bachelor, Oregon, which had about a metre of snow. Downhilling was fair, with ice up the top and some nice pistes through the trees. XC skiing was great, with nearly all trails open.

The Western US is having a disastrous season, but there is skiing in Oregon and further North.

Oregon, Washington, Northern Idaho/Montana and of course BC are all doing pretty darn well really. Very well in some places. And the forecast for this week in the Pacific Northwest is rather epic. La Nina might be back - from Crystal Mountain forecast fopr next 5 days:

M.L.King Day: Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 12. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. Low around 10. Breezy, with a west wind between 23 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers. High near 12. Breezy, with a west wind 23 to 26 mph decreasing to between 15 and 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow. Low around 3. West southwest wind 18 to 21 mph decreasing to between 8 and 11 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. South wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Low around 23. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
snow report
We are finally getting some much needed precip.
(From the current NWS posting)
AS FOR EXPECTED SNOW TOTALS, WE COULD SEE ANYWHERE FROM 1-2 FEET OR
MORE INTO THE HIGH SIERRA ABOVE 7000 FEET, WITH 8-14" OF SNOW AROUND
LAKE TAHOE. HIGHER AMOUNTS OF UP TO 3 FEET COULD BE POSSIBLE ALONG
THE SIERRA CREST NEAR LAKE TAHOE. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED
IN THE OVERNIGHT AND MORNING HOURS BETWEEN 1 AM AND 10 AM.
latest report
Can finally view the Kirkwood webcam on my iMac! Nice to see some snow falling as well.
snow conditions
3snowboards, I'm heading to Tahoe for the first time next week, I always knew it would snow! Just come from St Anton so have very high expectations.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy