Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone ever stayed with "mountain Heaven" ? reviews please

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/search.aspx?category=catered&country=france&resort=la+rosi%c3%a8re

look forward to any comments.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Libertine, The company originated in Montalbert a few years ago with self catering appts. and has expanded to what it is today.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 26-09-13 16:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll second that - went to La Ros with them last year and we were v pleased with the company in general and our host specifically...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi we stayed in a self catering appartment in montalbert last year, was fine, appartment was clean and tidy only thing could say was some bits could have do we with replacing dustbuster hoover and a few loose fittings but by french standards was very good. Appartment right on the slope. And was cheap would use again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just went to La Ros with them last week and am not so happy.
The room I was allocated was not as advertised (and as of today is still being described inaccurately on the web site).
The communication and information I received prior to travel proved to be lacking.
I was asked for feedback and am so unhappy with the way my feedback has been handled that they've talked themselves out of potentially 5 figures worth of repeat business for this season alone and would never use them again.
Chalet size and location and staff on the ground, however, were very good.
If you want any more details, feel free to PM me
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My Family just returned from a week with mountain heaven in La Ros.
Chalet was fine and chalet staff service was great.

Unfortunately they spoiled the last couple of days of our trip by informing us we were being transferred back to the airport at 6am,with us being a family of 4 this meant getting up at 4.45am in order to be ready to leave on time.

When we booked I stressed to the company operatives in UK that our return flight was 12.30 and they assured us that the six people on this flight would have a later transfer than the other seven in our group, who flew at 10.45. Despite having two of their own mini buses they made us leave at 6.00am and we were in the airport at 8.25 - we could not even check in til 10.30 so we had to stand around guarding our skis and luggage for two hours then we had another two hour wait before we flew.

We arrived home shattered and feeling let down and cheated! I have emailed them but they sent a couple of inaccurate emails and then went silent.

Shame as the holiday prior to this had been excellent.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Its Nick here from Mountain Heaven, I have just seen these posts and would just like to say that we take all comments seriously

We try to make sure that all rooms are described accurately and we have double checked they all are in La Rosiere and we have changed the descriptions on two rooms that may have been very slightly inaccurate - thats why we always ask for feedback!

In terms of the transfer we did explain to the guest that the traffic had been terrible in the Alps in the previous weeks and due to some guests almost missing their flights our drivers decided to leave earlier that week due to it being one of the French half term dates - fortunately the traffic was light that day and they did get to the airport early. As many of you will know the traffic though Bourg and down past Aime can be terrible and on some weeks it was taking 6 hours so we have a duty of care to make sure the guests get to the airport on time.

Thank you for the feedback though as it will help us to improve our customer service!

Nick
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick the owner is definitely a decent bloke and can ski (and knows how to find & enjoy steep powdery slopes in late April) which is always a bonus! I am sure they would treat you well. La Rosiere is also amongst the resorts our clients really enjoy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and Nick always buys the beers when he is in the resort Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have no connection with either the company or any of the guests but can confirm that some people have very optimistic ideas about how long transfers will take on busy days. You did very well to get there in 2.5 hours - that's driving to the speed limit the whole way. I would definitely allow twice that, at the very least, on a busy transfer day.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good on you Nick for coming onto the forum and responding to the comments directly. There are plenty of tour operators much larger than you who wouldn't be willing to do so!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone been with Mountain Heaven this season? Catered chalets vary so much depending on the hosts, so up-to-date review would be very welcome please. In fact, I would welcome review of any catered chalet visited this season. We're looking for a chalet with en-suite rooms, close to lifts (or with very good transport to lifts), with access to a large ski area. We really prefer a deal including flights and transfers, but at least MH include transfers in the price. We're hoping to get a late deal for travel on 2/3 February.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Jehu,

We have space for 3rd Feb in our chalet Bon Vie in La Plagne if that's any use? £399 pp fully catered

The link to our site is below and you can see reviews on trip advisor - or ask here on snowheads for someone who has stayed with us.

Happy planning!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Snow and Sunshine, just wanted to say thanks for a great week in Chalet Campanules. Regards to all.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sad

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 16-03-13 17:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I laughed a lot when I read about the noisy bread man, I now have visions of a bread man with a full symphony orchestra playing Dvorak's new world behind him.
ski holidays
Quote:

Duke wrote:
Hi Snow and Sunshine, just wanted to say thanks for a great week in Chalet Campanules. Regards to all.
Be careful about Chalet Louis, walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING in the adjoining bathrooms. The food and wine is good, but not all rooms have windows and the plumbing is primitive (runs through one of the bedrooms) so it is VERY noisy. The bread man arrives before dawn and the noise will wake you up Crying or Very sad

We don't have a chalet Louis at Ice and Fire Jooboo, did you mean Mountain Heaven?
snow conditions
Nor do we have a music-loving orchestra-playing bread man Happy
ski holidays
[quote="Snow and Sunshine"][quote]
Duke wrote:

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 16-03-13 17:45; edited 3 times in total
latest report
We rented a couple of self- catering chalets from MH last season in Montalbert. No complaints about MH, they were friendly and professional throughout. The apartments were, however, seriously basic. The master double was s small that it could only be accessed from one side of the bed. The bed fitted the room exactly on three out of four sides! So, decent company, but pretty crap apartments. Maybe they were fair value for the price but I don't want or need to be that uncomfortable on holiday. No reason to assume all their apartments were that poor, but the two I saw were..... Basic.
snow report
Any more up to date reviews of mountain heaven?
snow conditions
@MJB, Where are you thinking of going with them? We went to Montalbert with them 9/10 years ago and the apartment was great. I have some knowledge of their Swiss apartments too, which are also very nice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy