Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please recommend me somewhere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

looking to organize a ski trip in January. There will be 7 lads in total one of whom will be celebrating his birthday so we will be want some night life.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the alps with ski to door and somewhere for evenings entertainment

Meribel is what i keep coming up with but i don't have alot of selection less than £600 (pp weekly).

Also do many places offer 10days ? or is it generally 7 or 14 days ?

thanks

Jim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Until I saw you had a tight budget, I was about to suggest Verbier. Maybe Les Deux Alpes? 10 days used to be possible to North America - and may still be. In January you might be able to a deal with a hotel directly for that, but most TOs won't want it for European trips.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of LdA isn't ski door to door. Much of Meribel isn't either, come to that. The best entertainment does tend to be in non ski in/out places which are "proper towns". Mayrhofen would be an obvious choice, if that isn't a vital criterion. If it is, maybe Val Thorens? But the 3 Valleys will be expensive for every single beer and coffee.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
in general (due to having a mixed group) i would say we are priced out of anywhere in Switzerland and the USA (where 10days is possible) Crying or Very sad

How about the PORTES DU SOLEIL area, Avoriaz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just from what I've read...... Soll seems like the Benidorm of the alps. NehNeh Lots of brits wanting to party and get drunk Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlanB1976, Söll definitely has some tacky nightlife if that's your thing, but it's not ski to door. There are a few hotels clustered near the main lift stations but the village proper is a fairly long walk or bus ride away. However, most of Méribel is not ski to door either.

Andorra would probably suit the OP.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jymmm http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/meribel/chalet-sabine-7.html

It's the right size for you, and should be more or less on-budget for you for January. We had no major complaints when we were there.

It's not 'ski to the door', but hardly anything in Meribel is. There's a chairlift a 2 minute walk round the corner though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I were you I'd set my priorities. For the places I've been Ski in Ski out points mostly away from Austria towards France, Switzerland, Italy etc. If you want good Apres as a rule it goes the other way in terms of availibility and cost. What do you want for your budget? Flights and Accom or passes in that too? If you've always done ski in ski out it can be a hard thing to pull yourself away from.

Although I usually ski at least once a season in France, it's the last place I'd go for a trip with the lads. Just too expensive for beer and generally lower key.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Most of LdA isn't ski door to door. ....

Oops, missed the door-to-door thing - and I agree with you - though somewhere like the Lutins is very close to the main lift.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Anton ischgl saalbach
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy