Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh the excitement of the new season ski stuff starting to hit the shelves...

Poster: A snowHead
I need me some new salopettes (again!). Yet another pair ripped. Plus, I may make a more concerted effort to look for a helmet this year. I still don't really want one, but I'm getting a bit bored of people mithering me about it.

What are your shopping plans?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, I need some new ones too, but I am sending hubby's to be repaired.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably need new snowboarding pants - have lost some tonnage since last year and am too old/don't have appropriate levels of steez/not stupid enough/ don't enjoy a snowy crevasse/ to be rockin' the off-the-back bottom look...

Not sure if new specs will fit under goggles yet either... result will be a new pair of glasses - why doesn't anyone do small round frames anymore, Have to get rectanglular ones which make me look like an Austrian quantity surveyor.

Still fancy that contour lidcam as old kit getting creaky on the battery front
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Possibly a new pair of boots and maybe a new jacket. I don't really need the latter but fed up of wearing the same stuff all the time. I'm going to test drive the new boots before buying, especially as I now have a dodgy ankle. I'll see how the current ones are when I go skiing in 4 weeks (Sölden for the World Cup opening races Toofy Grin )

The season ticket has to be paid for as well before the end of November but I want to buy it in October so I can ski on the opening weekend of the season at the beginning of November.

TKMax in Rosenheim already has some ski clobber in, mostly stuff from the middle price range from last year. Maybe look for some more thermals and socks as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ripped my salopettes again in august in saas-fee. They dont seem to last long these days! Might see if ive enough money to possibly buy a pair of Atomic Ounx 2012 skies Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stollen started to hit the shelves here this week Smile Must be nearly Christmas!

No plans for any new ski kit though. Unless I need to go up another size in ski pants (again).
Sport Hübner moved all their shelves about again, and stuck in a rack of ye olde worlde bargain bin skis. Guess that means the new ski stuff will appear imminently.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm after a new bag. Got my eye on the Head Travel Board bag, as it's big enough for my skis, boots, clothes etc but the couple of online retailers that had it at a very reasonable price last season haven't got it back in stock yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, cathalibm, I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to destroy salopettes. I've gotten through 3 pairs in the last 5 years (approx 5.5 weeks skiing and a dozen fridge trips). I don't bother buying expensive ones since the destruction process seems to be the same regardless of how much I spend.

Samerberg Sue, good luck with the ankle/boots hun! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just bought a new helmet. www.sports-outlet.co.uk have some great new products at some great prices + if you use this promo code - SEPTEMBER10 you get an additional 10% on check out. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I want new boots. I bought touring skis last year although I only went out twice but hope to use them a lot more this year, I've been reading the touring boot thread with interest as I've also thought about getting a touring pair as my only pair of boots as the ones I have now aren't particularly stiff anyway.

I also need some warmer clothes, maybe new gloves and I want some kind of warmer layer to wear under my jacket.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
New board pants (they just dont last anymore), new helmet, new backpack and im all ready for a new season
snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia,
Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to destroy salopettes

I know I am going to regret asking, but why are you wreaking so many pairs of pants? is it all inside edge stuff on the bottom of the pants or something else?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I need to get new boots, and replace the loses from last season..new goggles, walkie talkie, gloves, poles, a new jacket would be nice..just bought 2 pairs of gloves today oh and a pair of skis and tele boots.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lynseyf, Rob at Mountain Spirit in Aviemore is someone I'd recommend if you were looking.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alans deep bath, +1 from me as well, we use the guys at Mountain Spirit they are pretty good.

lynseyf, if your looking at the Dynafit range of touring boots then get in touch with CEM at solutions4feet, he is probably the best boot fitter around again we use him.
snow report
livetoski, the first pair died when the old boots died, they got caught and ripped on the faulty boot clip. However I did manage to ski the rest of the week with ripped salos and boots held together with gaffer tape! Very Happy

The second pair got a little bit too friendly with a chairlift and ripped when I tried to prise them apart.

The third pair first got ripped on a nail sticking out of a wooden seat. Then repaired. Then seemed to develop two new tears last season. One was at Tamworth but I am clueless as to the origin of the other.

I clearly need to stop sitting on things. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Bought a very nice jacket in April at end of season sale but will have to buy gloves. Have Dakiine's at the moment which have served me well but looking the worse for very extensive wear. Bag also getting ropey so looking for something big to take boots as well.
ski holidays
My attire (bought in Oct '08) is still going great guns after about 22 weeks in the mountains, and will probably outlast my knees. So, each season, I just buy a new beanie. At least that way, I can tell my season photos apart!

A new ski bag arrived yesterday, to fit my new longer skis (bought in July). Said skis will be shipped off to spyderjon this month to be fitted with Quiver Killers and Barons.
ski holidays
queen bodecia, Laughing Laughing it sounds like you need carbon fibre pants or set and new trend and just go for chain mail Toofy Grin

Most pants get ripped by the skis catching on the lower cuff, so look for pants with really strong cuffs, they are sometimes not that cheap but really do work and pay for themselves because they last a few seasons. The baggy style does not help as they tend to get caught on stuff more easily.
snow report
On a personal level, I must get a new pair of boots, the current ones as some SH's know are a little bit of an antique wink
snow report
livetoski wrote:
On a personal level, I must get a new pair of boots, the current ones as some SH's know are a little bit of an antique wink

Rear entry? Shocked
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
What are your shopping plans?

Sainsburys tomorrow and probably Tescos sometime over the weekend ... Wink

... seriously though I'm a cheapskate so I generally make sure my gear is held together with duct tape until the end of season sales if at all possible, I may be buying some protective gear for my youngest at the weekend though for training gates and will be getting some ceramic for my dry slope training after being introduced to the delights (and terrors) of the stuff on Wednesday. For snow would love some new slalom skis and some dedicated touring boots but we'll see how finances go ...
ski holidays
New skis and new goggles.....
snow report
My wife says some ski pants as now ripped to threads, had a meeting new New St train station today and walked into TKMaxx but nothing . . .
ski holidays
roche1800, That's because I've got it all. NehNeh My company stores and distributes for TKMaxx and we had a delivery of 14 pallets of ski wear delivered to us on Monday. No idea when they're going to ask us to ship it out to stores though.
ski holidays
Corky,
Quote:

My company stores and distributes for TKMaxx and we had a delivery of 14 pallets of ski wear delivered to us on Monday. No idea when they're going to ask us to ship it out to stores though

You will let us know though, won't you ...please Very Happy
snow report
Just been to CEM three new pairs of boots ouch, was only planning on two, just need some snow, oh and Mrs R needs some trousers.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Corky,
Quote:

My company stores and distributes for TKMaxx and we had a delivery of 14 pallets of ski wear delivered to us on Monday. No idea when they're going to ask us to ship it out to stores though

You will let us know though, won't you ...please Very Happy

+1 Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
have tkmaxx got their winter gear in yet?
latest report
cathalibm, not last time I looked in my local one, but I'm off along there soon, so I will report back. And see Corky's post above.
snow report
Boredsurfing, As soon as I know you will. Laughing
ski holidays
Zero-G,
Quote:

Rear entry?

not quite but just as old, my V4's are still going strong CEM almost fell over when he saw them wink
ski holidays
cathalibm, nothing in my (Durham) TKMaxx today, i spent £40 on house stuff instead.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, I've already told you. I've got it all. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Snow & Rock's buyer+merchandiser team for women's ski wear should be shot. They're mostly stocking ski wear in black, black, purple, black, purple, black, black, with the rare white, blue or pink thrown in. All decidedly dull. Don't they know that black and purple are the worst colours to photograph in mountain terrain!
ski holidays
Corky, then do let me know when it is heading to Durham wink.
ski holidays
cathalibm, that's a bit flash ... saas in august ....likes the way you just dropped it in ... I could'nt get over to saas to ski since the little ones were in tow, and I had too much other stuff to do on the other side of the valley ...

good thread...YES...IT"S KIT TIME....

so far in prep for this season:

two pairs of K2s 2tips for the kids
two pairs for ME ME ME
replacement parts for V12 bindings (thanks s'heads connections)
softshell for daughter (hot pink)
a ridiculous number of pairs of sticks for the garage (lost count)
back protection for young son - on the way from cham

and I still have the KIT ITCH....
snow report
Zero-G, I always wear black and purple! Embarassed

Admittedly I don't shop at Snow & Rock, it's out of my price range.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
I always wear black and purple!

You are Snow & Rock's target market and I claim my £5 Laughing

I don't see a problem with you wearing those colours. The problem is the lack of colour choice at S&R. It's the same with their women's climbing gear: all mostly black. Yet, they stock a good range of colours in men's gear. Anyway, personal preferences and all that...
ski holidays
Zero-G, Snow & Rock is way above my price range. It's Decathlon, Mountain Warehouse and Trespass for me. Especially since I seem to destroy salopettes so easily.

However, I did spot a gorgeous TNF jacket on Snow & Rock website. Only slightly purple... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy