Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deals on skins?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone seen any deals on skins anywhere? Telemark Pyrenees had some G3's reduced but I dithered too long and missed them Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.departmentofgoods.com/alpine-touring#search=%3Fpath%3Dcdepartmentofgoodsc1s3%2523%25237%2523%25231w%257e%257encdepartmentofgoodsc1s3g83%2523%25230%2523%25233
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks but I'm trying to avoid the US to save postage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i know it's the US, but REI sometimes do deals on skins and certainly used to ship by USPS - so it cost $20 versus $40-50 with UPS
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hate to ask but what are skins used for? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cathalibm, They go on the bases of skis to provide grip so you can walk up the mountain.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathalibm, skins go on the bottom of your skis and are used for walking up hill - original moleskin, they're now manmade directional fabric which allow the skis to slide forward but not slip back
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lots of info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_touring#Techniques
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to know, thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ive never done it, but isnt there an import tax or something that can cost quite a bit when importing from US? worth checking if no-one on here knows the info
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lynseyf, nicked from shooglys thread, but seem to have some discount here:

http://www.sport-conrad.com/skins/9/?sid=f2581e6c1317e4a18e0ec606f14d351b
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For info... postage on skins from sport conrad is €15. Total was €145 delivered to UK. So that's around £125 delivered. Cheapest i could find them here was £165 and I was struggling to find the correct length.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy