Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Restaurants la plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking the family to la plagne mid jan staying at plagne centre. Wife & kids in ski school in centre until 12.30 each day while I have some time to explore and ski the area. Does anyone have any recommendations on cafes and restaurants mountainside where I can take the family for lunch. After lunch we will be looking for some gentle runs to hone their skills learned at ski school. Thanks in advance for any responses.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jirac18, Heres a little review thread that I have started up each season since 2008 (with a review of the loo's as well!)
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=810920
For loads more info on La Plagne check out http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best restaurants are as follows:

Terasse au soleil in Plagne Soleil - can be see on left hand side as you go up Bergerie chairlift - yellow chairs and awning. Good food and always quiet then you can ski back down to the Bergerie lift after and play around that area.

Chaperon Rouge in PLagne 1800 next to the 1800 chair. Best lunch resto around in my opnion. Then you can take chair up to Aime 2000 and ski around there on the blues
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
talk about turn the clock back
in 1989 we were in le belle Plagne, and final night we went on the tour reps organised trip to a restaurant in Le Plagne centre, transport was your own responsibility, ie use the main cable car.
on reaching the venue (name eludes me) the rep said those needing to go back up the hill need to be at the cable car for 11:55 for the last run.
hey ho come 1 am it was suddenly realised we had missed the cable car deadline, so with much beer inside of us we split in 2 groups, one group taking the winding road, and the other going straight up the piste!!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18, the thing about La Plagne is that it's all mountainside - Plange Centre is a whisker below 2000m - so you have the option of all the various restaurants and take-away places there.
As well as the choice and the proximity to the ski school meeting points the other advantage of eating in Centre is that if you're sat there you can look at the mountains and not the ugly buildings. Smile

eta - where are you staying btw?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The self service restaurant at the start of Les Inversens run serves excellent onion soup, they also have decent coffee.
The restaurant opposite the gondola at the top of Roche du mio only had vending machine coffee available the last time I went there, you don't realise until you're just about to pay for your meal.

The restaurant next to the ice rink in Plagne Bellecote is usually very good. It is a good place to meet up with friends for lunch and a few drinks and then try to play ice hockey afterwards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy