Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feelers out for Fridge trips - November

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
There's been a few Snowheads meetups recently at Tamworth, Hemel and Milton Keynes - I've really enjoyed all the ones I've been to.

There's another one coming up in Manchester on October 1st, and there will possibly be another Tamworth one on October 16th, or on another date in October.

I can't make Tamworth in October (other than mid-week) so am hoping we can sort out yet another Tamworth one for November. 6th, 12/13th or 19/20th look likely - or even Wednesday 16th when Ellis B have got their 'Big Ski' event (though Snowboarders can't go unfortunately).

We should be able to sort out a discount for Tamworth if enough people can make it, and I've got some 'members prices' and food/drink vouchers we can use if needed.

I'm also hoping to get down to Hemel again for another ski clinic - probably 26th November, and it would be great to meet up with snowHead 's again that weekend. Could possibly make the trip to MK again on the Sunday if people would prefer to go there.

Anyway, just thought I'd gauge interest in dates/events before I asked for an event to be put on the site.

I could sort out Doodle polls too, if easiest.

Cheers,

Emm.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Emmeline, I'm all for trying to have a meet about once a month, as used to happen with the Hemel meets. Perhaps there should be a 'monitor' for each fridge? At the moment, JustJill is being a super-efficient monitor for Hemel, updating the existing thread/starting a new one as necessary, Snakeskin Si was in charge of the last trip to MK, and so on.

Since my preferred venue is Hemel, I'm more than happy if a thread appears for a monthly meet there, perhaps being initiated with a Doodle poll, to see what the preferred date in any month might be. I probably wouldn't bother looking at any similar threads for other fridges.

Hth.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the Fridge Monitor is somewhat who organises the fridge events, should we call somebody who visits them a lot a Fridge Magnet?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jokes like that may make me use this new ignore function Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tiffin, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, groan!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, happy to monitor Tamworth, if Shimmy Alcott doesn't want to do it (or we could share).
Don't think either of us have got the snowHead 's access to post events up though, so would probably have to do Piste posts first (like this).

rob@rar, like it! I might have that as my new handle if I get bored of using my own name Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Emmeline, It might lessen the confusion if you/someone sets up a doodle of who's going and when etc for the tamworth thread. How you set up the TW doodle is entirely up to you. When we started the Mc/r CF doodle we did have it set up for 6 months in advance. However we changed it to just roughly 6-8 weeks ahead because it looks too chaotic and confusing to read and navigate. This is beause when you unfold the table to show all available dates and then scroll across the participants names are lost / hidden, and it's a PITA to remember where you are on the participant list. It's also less aesthetically pleasing and some Mancunians are picky like that. Also participation was limited to the immediate few weeks ahead and people weren't committing themselves to months down the road. That might have been a seasonal thing (summer) and perhaps things will change as we approach the new ski season.

The way it seems to have worked so far is that we all know that there'll be one every month and we use the same thread to encourage participation and encourage sign up to the poll. So far, most activity occurrs closer to a given date and peaks in the final week. You already have a thread going in the events section so it's probably better to keep the focus on that and have it linked to the doodle and keep the title updated every month, have a look at JustJill HH thread for ideas. Although as Hells Bells started the thread then I think only she can update it.......... you'd either need to ask her to update it or ask admin to give you permission to start a thread in the events zone. Updating the title page regularly is important. I'm not sure why others cant, but it seems that I can start threads in events, so if either of the other options dont work out then I might be persuaded to start one and maintain it for team tamworth.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica, Emmeline, I started the MK thread as a one off to take advantage of EBs ski testing. I hadn't really intended it as a regular meet venue. I could maintain it as a meet up venue but as it was mostly the HH crowd who went then I dont imagine it will be overly subscribed. Not sure what to do with that. I'll change the thread title and post something on the thread to see if there's any further / future interest. If not then there's no point in flogging a dead horse.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can probably do Tamworth in either October or November. Sundays or weekday evenings preferred although I do have some Saturdays off work over the winter season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snakeskin Si, queen bodecia, I'll try and sort out a Doodle for Tamworth - I'll do it to cover October and November though. I can't do October dates, (other than weeknights) but I know some people are up for an October meet. Think we're all set for September 25th, but not sure about hijacking that thread until the event has happened.
Maybe I'll contact Admin about setting up a new thread, or sorting something else out. I'll post on JustJill's HH thread to see if anyone is up for the 26th weekend.

Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Emmeline wrote:
Snakeskin Si, queen bodecia, I'll try and sort out a Doodle for Tamworth - I'll do it to cover October and November though.

Sounds good - the Doodle's do need a bit of tidying (HH just expanded as I chose not to be selfish and add dates I can't do), but they do help to get people motivated. As Snakeskin Si said people do tend to commit late so long timelines are a bit counter productive.

Emmeline wrote:
I'll post on JustJill's HH thread to see if anyone is up for the 26th weekend.

Fine by me - any bump will do!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think if you're signed up to a bash you can start a new thread in snowEvents.....

I could make the odd Tamworth meet, combining it with a parental visit to Derby.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
I think if you're signed up to a bash you can start a new thread in snowEvents.....

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!
Suddenly the mystery is explained! I had been wondering what I'd done to earn the honour of Events rights.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy,
Quote:

cathy wrote:

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!
Suddenly the mystery is explained! I had been wondering what I'd done to earn the honour of Events rights.

Yep, me too.
ski holidays
cathy, JustJill, Snakeskin Si, ah - well I don't share that honour I'm sad to say, need to get meself onto a bash! Wink
Have posted a quick update on http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1854547#1854547 for HH in November.

I'll have a go at doing a Doodle when I'm back on my personal laptop, and suggest some more Tamworth dates Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy