Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Art of Flight now on iTunes (and initial reviews)

Poster: A snowHead
£8 for SD
£10 for HD

Have been waiting for this one - Brain Farm does some incredible cinematorgraphy.

Brain Farm - The Art of Flight Trailer from BrainFarm
http://vimeo.com/23342751

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 10-09-11 13:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just FYI if you buy the HD version you get the SD version for free as well.

Anyway sitting at work downloading this to stick on my iPhone and watch on the 10 hour drive to the first skiing of the season. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meh wrote:
[the]drive to the first skiing of the season. Smile

Going green Going green Going green
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow. Just… wow.

It was a visual overdose that has left me with a deep ache to get into the mountains right now! And the production values make every other ski movie look like they were shot on ropey phone cameras.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That line in Patagonia! Wow, just wow and why?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beautifully shot...does he do skiing movies too?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Feast wrote:
That line in Patagonia! Wow, just wow and why?
Love how TR ever-so-casually describes the Chile/Argentina segment terrain as "some fingery little rocky chutes" and then proceeds to speed through that death trap at full frikkin throttle Shocked
As for why, wouldn't you if you had those skills?

The BC avalanche footage is awesome too. Scratch that, it's all awesome!

ChrisWo wrote:
Beautifully shot...does he do skiing movies too?!
Not yet. You can check out his other stuff on the Brain Farm site. The focus has been on using the full scope of high definition technology (for which we are eternally grateful).

I think that once everyone settles into the technology, there will be more judicious use of the über slowmo that HD is capable of. It is used to good effect in this movie but someones just a tad too much.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 11-09-11 21:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G, thanks !!!!!!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I watched this again this evening and second time round is even better. I think this movie will be a game changer as far as boarding/skiing films go. I want to see more like it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it just boarding? Will I still enjoy it if there is no skiing in it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zero-G, wow! Thanks for posting.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Is it just boarding? Will I still enjoy it if there is no skiing in it?

I ski, I don't board, and this is by far the best snow sports movie I've seen to date, who cares what they're riding!

It is wall-to-wall stoke and soul. If I was only allowed to put one ski movie on my desert island iPhone, this would be it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zero-G, Cheers, will go for it now then!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, be warned, it's not a standard ski movie with 120 minutes of line after jump after spine. It has a strong documentary aspect to it that works very well in giving you the background to just how hard these guys ride and what it takes to do it.

Anyway, that's enough pimping form me.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I loved it! Stunning photography, and it shows you just what HD can look like. I even stopped noticing that they were on snowboards wink
snow report
I never tire even of just the trailers.. Very Happy
latest report
I must admit, I didn't really notice the boards either. It didn't matter. Visually stunning.

As much as TR is a hero, when he talks, he sounds a bit.....you know, durrr!
snow report
looking forward to watching this this evening on my big TV with the sound turned to 11 Cool
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
looking forward to watching this this evening on my big TV with the sound turned to 11 Cool

airplay and appleTV???
latest report
kitenski, yup
ski holidays
Can someone tell me what format the HD download comes in please? I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to my AV kit - i have a really nice 32" Panasonic CRT and I've promised myself it won't be replaced until it dies, so no flat screen HD etc and an old Sony DVD player (must be a good 6 or seven years old), which plays AVIs , but I'm not sure what else. I have a nice 27" Imac which will play anything as a backup.
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
kitenski, yup

Just looking into this myself, do you have appleTV to playback onto the TV? Can other devices, ie XBox playback from an iPad using airplay???

Cheers,

greg
snow conditions
The apple TV is plugged into my AV receiver and it plays to the TV and speakers via that.
I haven't really experimented too much beyond playing stuff off my laptop onto the TV and also using the built in youtube and vimeo functions. I have worked out how to play spotify through the apple TV - there are third party programs which will do that (I use airfoil)
ski holidays
rogg wrote:
Can someone tell me what format the HD download comes in please?

All iTunes movie files - whether HD or SD - are encoded in M4V format and can be played on Apple products (iTunes, Apple TV, iPod, iPhone and Quicktime).

Some more info on the wikipedia page on how they can be played on other devices.
snow conditions
Can someone help me. I downloaded it overnight to my Iphone, how do i link it up to my TV, which cables do i use etc? Going to watch it as soon as someone replies with an answer!!!
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, errr, you need an Apple TV to view it on your TV. I could be entirely wrong but I don't think there is a cable to plug an iPhone into a TV.

Your other option, is to plug your PC into the TV.
snow conditions
Arno wrote:

Such a boy Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Bit disappointed and I'm not sure why. Not for me this one Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Can someone help me. I downloaded it overnight to my Iphone, how do i link it up to my TV, which cables do i use etc? Going to watch it as soon as someone replies with an answer!!!

See this page

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1454

By all accounts some of the Ebay cheapies from china work and others don't, its not always clear when you order So you could buy an official one but they aint cheap.
ski holidays
I've given up and I'm watching it on the phone in HD. I'm 39 minutes in and I love it! Despite it being about Borders and not skiers it's amazing! Some of the filming is out of this world. If your wondering whether to buy it or not, go for it, you won't be disappointed!
snow conditions
The Patagonia/Chile and AK segments were well worth the admission price. The rest of it was nice but not quite up to those standards but still pretty good

and the music was pretty nice too Cool
ski holidays
Arno, +1 for the music also.
snow report
Alans deep bath wrote:
Bit disappointed and I'm not sure why. Not for me this one Confused

I would be surprised if absolutely everyone loved it. Were you after more shred action?
snow conditions
see this page http://www.descargate.la/descargar-the-art-of-flight-2011.html
ski holidays
Feast wrote:
I must admit, I didn't really notice the boards either. It didn't matter. Visually stunning.

As much as TR is a hero, when he talks, he sounds a bit.....you know, durrr!

I think Trice is more intelligent than he sounds, after all Brain Farm is him and the Director's baby, he also organised Natural Selection and The Community Project, he is after all a ski patroler's son from Wyoming so that's how he sounds, but I suspect there's more going on than it seems, he is actually quiet eloquent, just sounds like a stoner
snow conditions
Quote:

Will I still enjoy it if there is no skiing in it?

I like zombie movies, despite never having personally tangled with an invasion of the undead myself. Bloody ridiculous question. Laughing
latest report
On the subject of watching downloaded movies, you could try PS3 Mediaserver - piece of software which allows your PS3 to see computers on your home network and play their files. We've found it a bit glitchy at times, mainly when watching stuff in HD/things with a lot going on in each scene - buffering issue, I suspect. But it's worth a nosey, given that it's free. You just open the application on your computer and do the rest on the PS3. Works for XBox and other such widgets as well. Download it here: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
latest report
Lizzard, Not really is it. I love skiing but I'm not a fan of snowboarding. That's like saying if you love F1 then you must love the Isle Of Man TT!!! It's a totally differed sport which is why I asked the question!
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, quite right.

Zero-G, I thought it found the awkward middle ground between shred fest and documentary. I'll maybe give it another go.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, the answer to the question was probably answered in the very first words you typed into Snowheads... if Rick really LOVES the powder, then he'll not be too worried whether its being carved about on one edge or two - and as you appear to have enjoyed the movie... perhaps we'll hear the gentle grinding sound of a perception shifting... wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy