Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good warm, waterproof snowsuit for a toddler?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after recommendations for manufacturer of snowsuits & mittens/gloves for an 18 month old. She won't be skiing but will probably be doing a lot of playing in the snow.

Any good second hand retailers/trading sites would be good too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mrsalexe, Where are you based? and is it a boy or girl? I might have something you could have, used for a week, no good to me any more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ours has a red all-in-one Wed'ze snowsuit which is excellent.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mrsalexe, you can try these people I know the owners and can recommend any of their stuff

http://www.hippychick.com/index.cfm/categories/waterproofs-140
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mrsalexe, we bought a lovely Petit Bateau all in one snowsuit for our grandson a couple of years ago - OH found it on the French ebay site and it was a matter of only a few euros. Could not believe our luck when it arrived as a really lovely suit - and was then much admired particularly by the French - we had more luck looking there at the time than the UK ebay site.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mrsalexe, I have a keela suit for a toddler you can have thermal waterproof age 12 /18 months pm me and i will send you pics. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mrsalexe, as you can see, it's not hard to pick these up second-hand, as they usually only fit for a year, and are worn for just a few days (and often for just a few minutes, as the toddler, having screamed for half an hour about wanting to play in the snow, is soon screaming to go back in again....).

I have a series of suits of various sizes, mostly via a friend who runs a Save the Children Fund shop. So all cheap, but kept to pass down to multiple grandchildren and friends (we always try to get unisex colours). I did buy one new, because it was so cute, in one of the big French sports chains, in a sale, very good quality, very cheap - about 25 euros. Absolutely no point in paying silly prices. Just be aware that French children seem to be slimmer than British ones - I usually have to go up an age group to find something which goes round our chunkier varieties.

There are arguments to be had about separates or an all in one, but for toddlers I think the all in one wins - they'll scream even quicker to come back in again if they get snow down the gap in the middle.

French children, of course, play happily in the snow for hours, with no moaning, just like they go off to their ski lessons without grizzling. They're the same kids who play happily for hours, naked, on a freezing cold windy beach in Brittany whilst the British ones need lots of layers and get sand and suncream up their noses. I once spent a few hectic hours on a Brittany beach with our two boys. I'd lugged a huge big bag of Stuff They Might Need. They played with two little skinny French boys whose very heavily pregnant mother sat looking chic on the smart roll up beachmat/holdall which was all she had.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16154313@N07/?saved=1
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mrsalexe, - I hasten to add that our suit from the French ebay site - was secondhand, hence why only a few euros. Quite right that French children seem to be slimmer - the legs were a little short on this particular suit but I stuck him in nice thick tights and that took up the space between the suit when it rode up and the chunky boots he was wearing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go Outdoors have them, both lined and unlined (http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mrsalexe, The sell some nice ones at Bébé both in Geneva and Annemasse, rte de Thonon: http://bebeconfort.com/shops/shops-offline.aspx?city=geneva&country=Switzerland

Also I there CA's in both towns too which have some nice kids stuff. Would suggest that the French side is probably cheaper even though VAT is 12% or so higher.

I find some fantastic stuff for my young grand children in Debenhams which would be my first point of call: Good quality, no rush and some of the best pricing I've seen around - Matalan may also be worth a look as the kids quality is again very high, but not sure if they so cold weather gear.

pam w, Oh and I saw a petit bateau snow outfit an hour ago -looked very nice: snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy