Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New WTSS is out - how to get it cheap

Poster: A snowHead
The 2012 issue of Where to Ski and Snowboard came out this week. I love this book, and this year's is more useful than before in relation to cost guides. Do other snowheads like this book too? You can get £2 off the RRP of £18.99 by ordering via the second link below (read to the bottom of the article), or if you sign up as a newsletter member of the WTSS website you get further money off (don't know how much), but only till 10 September (Sat).

Here are a few links about the book... (btw I have no connection to it other than as a fan!)
http://www.metrosnow.co.uk/ski_news__events/article_display?article_id=645
http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/launched-the-new-book-is-here/
http://morethanskiing.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/7911-this-18-99-book-could-save-you-big-money-this-season/
Where to Ski and Snowboard 2012 £13.24 at AMAZON
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I still use an old Good Skiing Guide from when Peter Hardy and Felice Eyston weren't married and the piste maps were in plan view.

Whatever happened to them?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
altis, they were published by the Consumers Association under Which? books.
Then the new guy took over, declared the CA was to be re-branded "Which?" and promptly did away with 90% of the activities and publications that earned them any respect.

Or if you mean the Hardys, specifically? They're still knocking around - I believe they're involved in one of the plethora of magazine-esque ski sites that tend to get pimped on snowHeads on the run up to each season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
£13.24 from Amazon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1) My copy arrived yesterday !!!!!

2)The Les Arcs 2011/12 thread has been started

3) I am spending an unhealthy amount of time on snowHeads

Now all we need is a thread on "Geneva airport - French or Swiss side?" and the season will be in full swing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the remider, MountainMaid, - £15 inc postage if you register on wtss on order by midnight on the 10th (but see above for better price!!) - I think great for narrowing down where to go (hence th ename I guess!)

edited for economic reasons

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 7-09-11 17:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey an amazon linky mysteriously appeared all on it's own
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cleverer Still

or does it need some affiliation code?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's there...

now Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyway... if we're going to play on the cleverness escalator Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is pretty cool too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I ordered mine on August 27th - still no sign of it,waiting with baited breath..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Where's that on the front cover?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like Mottaret (West side) to me.
ski holidays
Dolomites apparently, near Cortina I think.
snow report
Are you sure? You're looking at the 2012 cover?
Looks very like Meribel-Mottaret.

In fact, I'm so certain that it is Mottaret that I'll buy a copy of the book for the first person who can prove otherwise!
ski holidays
Thomas Cook think it's Mottaret too:

ski holidays
Just had email from WTSS at 11.21pm 'pre pub offer' bit late to be going to the pub thought I. Any way checked price where I buy a few books from and it's cheaper there than WTSS' offer.
ski holidays
Admin you are wrong on a technicality! It's Cortina on the actual book but as you correctly state the picture you are looking at is Mottaret.

Its just the pic on the Amazon thumbnail and the actual cover of the book is not the same. I would scan the actual cover for you to prove it but I am sure someone else will be more bothered than me. Admin, I've saved you a book because I already have one so you don't need to buy me another one! Guess they sent out their preview's before making the cover decision!

I have not actually opened it yet but one of the headlines at the launch is that 'shock horror' France is not always the most expensive 'in resort' choice - if you choose carefully!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy