Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where will you be six months from now?

Poster: A snowHead
Just ordered the non-refundable flight tickets, so it's a done deal...
Exactly six months from now I'll probably be skiing the last run for the day or enjoying the first beer of the day in Serfaus, while mourning the fact that I only have two days of skiing left.

Funny how things unfold, though... We were planning a co-ordinated trip with a large group, most of whom were "pretty sure we're almost certain, but we just have to procrastinate for a few months", until they dropped out one by one. Now it's only the family and me.

The original budget is, of course, busted... But that doesn't really matter, because I've shifted priorities from keeping costs down to pleasing the wife and the kids. This is the first alpine trip for my wife and son, so it's imperative that everything goes well. Flying to Innsbruck, not Zürich or Munich. Taking a taxi or shuttle, not hiring a car, which would've been more expensive anyways. And staying at a nice family-oriented hotel with playrooms for the kids, very close to the Dorfbahn, which will take us straight to the gondola.

You can probably tell I'm pretty excited. Just hope the weather gods will be smiling upon us.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In exactly 6 months I expect I shall be working Working WORKING!
(Because 2 weeks of SOPiB12 will be just 3 days away snowHead)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Six months from now we'll be a couple of sleeps short of our trip to Banff.
We missed Banff last year because of the bus fiasco and now we can't wait to go back again.
Ironically last season they appear to have had great snow, - so hoping we are lucky this season ( though we haven't been disappointed there before)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pretty similar situation to paul.kin, i hope. we haven't booked yet, but are looking at 2nd week in feb for Banff for a couple of weeks. Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rogg, one thing to be aware of regarding flights to Calgary this season is that the Air Transat flights from Manchester (which most tour operators use) have been changed, so that you can't get a 14 night holiday, as the return flight is on Friday ( for Saturday departures) and I believe, correspondingly for Wednesday departures, the return flight is on a Tuesday.
This is relevant when searching for holidays on line as if you request a 14 night holiday the result returns no availability as you need to input 13 nights!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arghhhh!!! In six months' time my ski season will be over. Sad Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Getting ready to hit the slopes again at the weekend and hoping all the half-termers have boogered off back home, leaving us locals to enjoy our mountains Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Getting ready to set off for Les Arcs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm. Good question. I'd like to think I'd be enjoying the snowy and uncrowded slopes of the Espace Diamant - but my daughter is expecting her second baby at the end of March, so I suspect I might be called away for grandmotherly stuff. SkiingDad, your holiday plans sound terrific. Have fun. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In 6 months time I'll be 3 months into my 4 month trip to Jasper....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
6 months from now I'll be asking myself why I've left it till 3 weeks before going to start training. rolling eyes wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I will be edging and waxing my skis and will start packing for the SOPiB12 snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paul.kin, Has the Banff buses nonsense been sortel out now ? And what about the safety patrollers' dispute ? They were so stupid. Would be nice if all is again as it used to be .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will also be in Banff for the second of my 2 month trip Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
threads like this make me very uneasy. I was saying this last year and ended up spending most of the season in hospitals, so for all concerned....I am now knocking on wood 3 times....and in 6 months time I will be on a racetrack with an injury free season behind me Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Early feb so will be enjoying the last week before the French holidays start.
ski holidays
Farley Goode, It was announced earlier this year that the shuttle bus from the usual hotels on Banff Avenue was to be reinstated this season.
I can't comment on the safety patrollers' dispute.
latest report
Six months from now I'll be on a yacht in Fiji surrounded by an army of midget hookers, a goat, a bucketful of coke, and a few cases of champagne.
latest report
pam w, I'm sure I will. Thanks! I could settle for less. My priorities lie with making sure the family will want to go on more skiing holidays again. Have to take one for the family, eh?
latest report
hang11 wrote:
Six months from now I'll be on a yacht in Fiji surrounded by an army of midget hookers, a goat, a bucketful of coke, and a few cases of champagne.

Laughing
ski holidays
I will hopefully be in a hotel in Champagne region with hubby and dog on my way to Serre Chevalier, where we will be joined on the Saturday by the first wave of the SoPiB 2012. I say hopefully, as like kooky I do not want to tempt fate, having spent most of one season watching hubby recover from a nasty injury.
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
like kooky I do not want to tempt fate,

Me neither. Statistically, in six months, some snowHeads will be six feet under ...... Sad
snow report
maggi, Shocked (I've already booked accommodation and travel for my March trip, it'll be a shame if I'm not still around then.)
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Me neither. Statistically, in six months, some snowHeads will be six feet under ...... Sad

Good grief, just how old are you lot!? I'm not going to be on the SOPiB12 with a bunch of geriatrics, am I? Shocked
ski holidays
Pedantica, yeah, please wait till May (or much, much later). There's a ritual to be upheld in April, wouldn't be the same without you wink
snow report
Zero-G,
Quote:

I'm not going to be on the SOPiB12 with a bunch of geriatrics, am I?
Luckily for you, it seems, I'm not going on that bash. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Zero-G, not sure why she's implying I am geriatric Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy