Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

6 Form Pals Trip. CHEAP CHEAP.

Poster: A snowHead
My 17yo son and upto 8 of his 6 form pals are planning their first parent free trip. It needs to be cheap, as it's being funded by part time bar work and weekend jobs etc. Two have cars capable of getting to a mountain.
The options are as I see it-

DIY/Drive.
Last minute with a TO.
DIY/Fly.

Catered would be prefered to prevent rickets, scurvy etc. rolling eyes

Bulgarian free suggestions please. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski, maybe UCPA - which is hard to beat for value, and includes everything. If they are strong skiers they can get as gnarly as they like - there aren't many good enough for the more advanced off piste stuff they do. Instruction/equipment/guides included as appropriate. Coach travel from the UK is cheap, and probably safer than self-drive but if they prefer to drive they could book direct with UCPA.

The international vibe might be good for them - rather than doing a TO Brit-pack effort.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w,

Good call. Many thanks. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski, What time of the season are you thinking?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ummm. first week of Jan or the middle of Feb.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mollerski, if France, be aware of the French school hols from mid Feb - much better avoided.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Mollerski, if France, be aware of the French school hols from mid Feb - much better avoided.

A mountain full of young french chicks would be torture for the lads. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd avoid driving - the potential for a tired inexperienced driver on the wrong side of the road with a bunch of mates and loads of gear in the car just seems too much risk for my liking.

Get a last minute deal to Andorra. They can drink themselves stupid and the trip will be cheap. UCPA does sound like a reasonable fit, coach trip will be fun for the first few hours for them too Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andorra is in the melting pot. Thanks.

Skitopia is another consideration. The owners son is also a pupil at their school, a deal may be had. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Aviemore.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

A mountain full of young french chicks

it won't be full of young French chicks, it'll be full of kids, their parents and their grandparents. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not considering their lack of driving experience how about a drive to the tunnel £45 crossing and drive to Austria. Petrol and tunnel between them would be cheap.
Loads of choice of resorts with reasonable beer prices and good apres.
Any room for a 41 year old guide?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another cheapish option to consider is bus http://www.skibusuk.com/destinations/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another thing with driving - are there age restrictions to driving in any of the skiing countries? I am sure I read something about that recently (18 in France?). And would their insurance cover them beyond the legal minimum.

It's a long drive back after a week of whatever guys of that age do in ski resorts, so I would encourage them to take any other travel method over driving. Lastly, there is the risk of morning-after drink-driving if they have a few drinks the night before the return home - doesn't everywhere have a lower alcohol limit than we do - and the temptation to drive anyway because there is a ferry to catch.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yellow Pyranha, the driving limit in France is 18 - so that's a good point. Don't know about Germany etc.
snow conditions
In fact, the two drivers are cricket club team mates in their early 20s. However, I'd rather they didn't drive.
ski holidays
We had a week in Andorra (Pas) Jan/Feb this year and it would probably suit their needs. Travel, accommodation, breakfast, equipment hire, area lift pass and insurance was about £550 I think. You could probably get by on 5 euros a day for lunch if you have a hot dog everyday and then 10-15 euro for dinner. A pint is 4 - 4.50 euros, but happy hour last quite a long time so you can get drinks cheaper. A few of the bars are pretty 18-30 with girls selling vodka jelly and the like, which really wasn't our cup of tea. The ski area is plenty big enough and general value for money decent. I'd go back but would probably try Soldeu rather than Pas. Total spend was £850ish.

We also went to Tignes in April with the UCPA and I could also recommend this to them. Accommodation, 3 VERY good meals a day (+ a snack when you come in from skiing : ) ), tuition, equipment hire, area lift pass was about £510. Flights + Transfers ect came to roughly £220. I only spent about 100 euro whilst out there so total spend was £800ish. I've booked to go back to Tinges UCPA December this year so it obviously gets thumbs up from me. If you live near London and get the coach down you could probably save £50-70 off the travel costs.
snow conditions
Have a look at the french Youth Hostelling system too - www.fuaj.org - they do ski packages but need to get there....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy