Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina - Is there enough piste without a car?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there!
Planning a ski vacation in Cortina (next January). My wife and I are both above intermediate but wouldn't say expert. We won't be having a rented car so will rely on linked ski area and the local ski buses. Is there enough there for five good ski days? After reading around I wasn't sure about it. Don't mind traveling the bus for 30 mins, but not much more than that. We are coming for a conference so we are pretty much limited to Cortina and can't go otherwhere near, this time. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi asael, don't worry you'll find lots of good intermediate skiing in Cortina for 5 days. The pistes are awesome for cruising around with some challenging skiing to be had if you fancy it.

The Faloria ski area is reached by cable car located in Cortina itself and this also links up to the Cristallo area which is also served by bus. The Tofana/Socrepes/Pocol ski area can be accessed by bus up from Cortina or if the lower stage cablecar (to col Druscie) is open you can access it from Cortina direct. I've always driven up but I wouldn't have thought it takes more than 10 minutes by bus? Cinque Torri is a bit further afield but there's still a bus service to it from Cortina. Might be just over 30 mins though but definitley worth a slightly longer ride to see some stunning scenery, eat at some great Rifugios and link into the Falzarego area. HTH
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
asael, don't miss the evening apres ski passiagata (?sp) in Cortina - more mink coats than you can shake a stick at. And if you ski through lunchtime the pistes will be quiet - and the restaurants busy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Laughing

Apres revolves around Prosecco with some nice wine bars to visit Cool and the pistes tend to stay quiet all afternoon not just lunchtime. Best pisted runs that I've ever come across too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
also very pretty in summer

the enoteca is the best wine bar I have ever been to- lots of amazing bottles by the glass

also lots of 007 moments.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cinque torri - about 30 mins on the bus from memory - gives access to the whole of the Sella area. We stayed in Cortina and had a great day skiing the Hidden Valley aNd then on to Corvara and San Cassiano. Need to buy a Dolomiti superski pass.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I spent a frustrating day in Cortina - because it wasn't really a ski holiday, we were with friends who don't ski, I just grabbed a few hours. But the whole area is stunning, I'll definitely go back one day. My favourite "Cortina moment" was window-shopping (the only sort of shopping which makes sense in Cortina wink ) and seeing a raincoat lined with mink. Cool So vulgar to have it on the outside!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cortina not really a ski-in ski-out town, as the town came long before skiing,
bus links work well and will take you where you need to go. More than enough skiing for 5 days,
we also did the Sella Ronda from there with the bus. You need just one short shared taxi trip on way back.
Enjoy, its a beautifull area and slopes not too busy, food fantastic.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, NO! finally I disagree with pam W! The co-operativa is a top bargain - a John Lewis style department store in the middle of Cortina. The first time I went there- about 1987- they were selling titanium ice axes- which we thought was pretty cool. Mrs Ed also has a favourite holdall c/o Cortina co-op.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy