Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plans for 2011-12 season

Poster: A snowHead
It's definitely autumn and the new season is on its way. Here is a thread where you can share your plans...

Me? I'm going to Cervinia for a week on 26th Feb with my usual group of ski buddies and I've just booked flights to Munich for a short break at the end of Jan to meet up with Samerberg Sue and the Austrian snowheads gang. Counting down the days already... Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like summer is finally about to start here! Although 1st Sept is my traditional date for dumping summer hobbies and getting withdrawal symptoms for fluffy white powder.

So far the plan is:
Nov/Dec = Tignes bash
Jan/Feb = couple of "bunk off work at 4:30 on a Friday and do a weekend in Austria" trips
Jan/Feb/Mar = 1 of about 3 potential trips to Sella Ronda
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll probably just pop down the road every weekend Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
QB I really hope I get to ski with you this season!
My aim this year is to crack the 100kms in a day. I got pretty close last year, did 95kms. I also want to check out a few new areas, Großarl, Dienten , Sport Gastein and Krippenstein are top of my list. Also want to get more touring in, I only managed about 10 days last year but want to double that this season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kooky, yes I hope so too. I have booked flights to be in your neck of the woods Jan 25th to 29th. So assuming you're around and have survived the Schladming night slalom festivities, it should be game on. I think the 100km is way beyond me though. We did manage about 60-ish in Kitzbuhel last season (according to the website where you enter your lift pass).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
14th January 10 nights, at Jasper in Canada.

My desk top countdown clock tells me it's 133 days till I finish work to go!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As posted elsewhere I'm trying Austria for the first time, and Feb half-term have booked holidayloverxx's new place in Flachau for my first solo ski sortee with my kids. I have plans to meet up with Samerberg Sue and I it would good to meet with any of other Austrian SH's who I might encounter over in that area - I understand there are quite a few in the vicinity of Ski Amade. Also planning on doing the family bash, but no-one knows where that is going this year yet.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, I am always very happy to drag a fellow snowHead head around the assorted bars and clubs of Flachau and the surrounds. I bet I can get you up dancing on the bar in the Dampfkessel before you know it
wink
Just kidding, I am really well behaved in real life, just ask Sue, and I know that area blindfolded and inside out, drop me a pm and I will nip over and be your guide.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As soon as my ankle heals enough to get a boot on I'm off to the glaciers (Hintertux, Stubai and Kitzsteinhorn are all within a 90 minute drive of my place) to warm up on. Then it is skiing as much as work allows from the 5th November 2011 to 5th May 2012 when the season pass finally runs out.

Taking the Night slalom week off (last week of January) and probably a couple of other ones or part ones as I have so much holiday time accrued that I think I'll be made to use some as well as my overtime!

Potential skiing partners in crime: Megamum, queen bodecia, kooky, plus Frosty the Snowman, Scarpa, flangesax, skizauchensee, espri, robboj and a few others.

Like kooky, it is my intention to reacquaint myself with Großarl, Hochkönig, Gasteinertal as well as ski the Schneewinkl pistes which have been added to the Salzburger Super Ski Card. I may be able to ski the Krippenstein if don't bottle it Toofy Grin And as for her 100km day, I will nobly assist with the training and the provision of support in the Apres Bar Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kooky wrote:
I know that area blindfolded and inside out,

rob@rar up to his old tricks.

wink

kooky, Plans are still on track for January. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geepee, woohoo!! Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
100km sounds like quite a trek. Think my record is about 72km on the PdS circuit with all the bonus bits added, and it was getting concerningly dark on the last run down thru the trees to Les Lindarets and Ardent. I reckon I could push that out to 85km* or so, before "needing" glühwein.

(*) on a proper circuit/tour, not up/down 1 piste all day long until the GPS clocks over the 100 mark.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toying with Kitzbuhel for the second week in Jan.... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geepee, forgot to add you to the list - looks like our little anarchists' ski club will have an influx of members this season Laughing

Chasseur, don't toy - commit! We'll make sure you have fun Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chasseur, That's the week I'm out that way hopefully.

Samerberg Sue, Is Kitzbuhel doable from Radstadt ?
latest report
Samerberg Sue, You forgot to add me!
snow report
As I'm (semi-) retiring at the end of February I've got the whole of March to play with. We'll be looking for a late deal to Les Arcs, catered chalet preferred. Other resorts a possibility at the right price.

Chasseur - "Toying with Kitzbuhel" sounds like the title of an interesting video... Toofy Grin
snow report
agw, well if Samerberg Sue, kooky and geepee manage to make it there too.......it might well be...... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
holidayloverxx, Oops sorry Embarassed How on Earth did I manage that? Senior Moment maybe? Laughing

geepee, Yes it is but is a bit of a trek to be honest. It is on the Salzburger Super Ski pass so you don't need to buy a day pass Toofy Grin
snow conditions
geepee wrote:
kooky wrote:
I know that area blindfolded and inside out,

rob@rar up to his old tricks.
Laughing

Tignes in October
No plans yet for November, maybe Tignes or one of the Austrian glaciers
Meribel and Les Arcs in December
Morzine and maybe Les Arcs in January
Niseko in February, maybe somewhere in Italy or Austria as well
San Cassiano in March, maybe Les Arcs as well
Les Arcs in April, maybe Val Thorens for the EoSB
Hintertux in May
Tignes in June

In between times I'll be at Hemel Happy
ski holidays
Looks like we can open a Boris's Bar outpost in Ski Amade Laughing
ski holidays
I'm established in Iceland now so getting out touring is the priority I'll hopefully be skiing as much of Snæfell (http://www.skimountaineer.com/ROF/ROF.php?name=Snaefell) as I can in the next couple of weeks. Regular trips up to Akureyri and the West Fjords are on the cards when the snow hits. I also plan to ski Esja which is the mountain just across from Reykjavik itself but is tricky to time as snow to sea level is less frequent and it's only 900m high! We had a good few weeks on and off of snow to sea level last winter I just didn't have any stuff here. Sad

Abroad it's as many weeks in Revelstoke as I can manage as a mate is doing a season out there so I can crash on his floor. I'm also going to try to get back to Scotland for a bit as well. The Coe Cup is an intriguing reason amongst just getting back out with mates.
ski holidays
Whistler 15th March for 15 nights. I cannot wait.
snow report
Week up to Christmas, 1/2 term and Easter to Grand Massif out of Les Carroz (making use of discounted season pass again).
ski holidays
meh, can you do an Icelandic thread for us please? I would love to see some photos from there from an insider.
ski holidays
Hopefully the Brecon Beacons and S Wales valleys throughout the winter.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/09/02/forecaster-predicts-heavy-snow-in-january-again-91466-29348137/

Whoever has the snow prior to Christmas.

Hokkaido end of Dec through to mid-Feb.

After that who knows Smile
snow report
Sestriere for a week at New Year then Banff for 10 days at Easter. Woop woop! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
one week in end of january to pila italy .... coutdown on phone is 134 days! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My bookings so far...

First Half of the ESB
Val Thorens for a cheeky week in Jan; and
Whistler for Feb half-term with the family...

That leaves March and April free at them moment but I'm under orders not to look rolling eyes
snow report
rob@rar,
Quote:

Tignes in October
No plans yet for November, maybe Tignes or one of the Austrian glaciers
Meribel and Les Arcs in December
Morzine and maybe Les Arcs in January
Niseko in February, maybe somewhere in Italy or Austria as well
San Cassiano in March, maybe Les Arcs as well
Les Arcs in April, maybe Val Thorens for the EoSB
Hintertux in May
Tignes in June

In between times I'll be at Hemel Happy

do you need a lift Rob I have space in the car wink wink
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, You forgot to mention the Minimums too Very Happy kooky, I'd love a lesson in table dancing Toofy Grin - and of course a skiing guide in addition to Samerberg Sue, would be more than welcome - it will be great to meet and ski with as many of our Austrian SH's friends as possible Very Happy . kooky, I'll PM my email address if that's OK.
ski holidays
The aim is to teach less and ski more....not really wanting to do the hour commute every day so may only teach part time (depending on other job situation).
snow report
October: Tignes
January: St Anton
February: hopefully Dolomites
March: Les Arcs
April: maybe Val Thorens
That'll probably do for starters. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Well, not sure i'm going anywhere this year, not even to my own place!! Sad Kersh Jnr No. 2 arrives early Feb which was awful timing. Thought about a quick trip at the start of Jan but doubt Mrs. Kersh will appreciate that being 8 months pregnant and looking after our 3 year old .. plus it's a bit close too. My current crafty plan is to take No. 1 for ski lessons after No. 2 arrives. snowHead He's really keen .... nowt to do with me honest guv! Laughing

Hey, another kid is on the way, not all that bad!! Smile
latest report
queen bodecia, kooky, Samerberg Sue, Will be living it up with a couple of friends at the Palace Hotel in Bad Hof from 28th of Jan for a week if you want to meet up for a beer or some fast (for us) on piste stuff - rest of my season will be spent doing as much training and racing as possible while being a wage slave to pay for it and my 12 yr old sons fledgling but expensive career in the start gate - work to live people...
snow report
Sept/oct/nov/dec/jan Hemel or MK which ever is cheaper(unfortunately MK is winning that battle at the moment)
Feb Les Arcs 1800
Hopefully Cairngorm at Easter time
latest report
Kersh, There's nothing like perfect planning, and that's nothing like it Laughing
snow report
ricfrench, Laughing Laughing .... beleive me, we planned for the baby to arrive before the winter buy hey ho .... there's always next year .... but i'm sure i'll get some skiing in somewhere before Spring arrives! snowHead
snow conditions
Booked for Meribel for the quiet week in January with my daughter. Will grab a late deal for March when I see where the deals / snow are.
ski holidays
December- a nice cheeky warm up in Ischgl or Verbier

February- Japan, will be my first ever trip there

April- yippee! my non skiing other half has finally agreed to take the kids for the first time so depending on snow will either be French Pyrenees or alps.

May- traditional end of season may day bank weekend, just a brilliant way to the end the season snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy