Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couple of videos from my second go at monoskiing...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This was at the end of my 5th hour of lessons from DSUK https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=255755107792424

And this was the end of my 6th hour (total) with Active Therapy at Manchester https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=255738277794107

THANKS GUYS snowHead

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking good Chris!

Tamworth... Manchester... is Milton Keynes next on your snow dome tour?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff Chris! Impressive control after such little time on the mono. Keep it up!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I only managed Castleford and Manchester because my Brother lives in Doncaster, which meant free accomodation, and unfortunately my snowdome tour has now ground to a halt due to lack of funds Sad Would be cool to get the other domes in though!!!

Chris
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would be great to see you down at Hemel or MK if you're ever down in the area Smile

With regards to racing, DSUK and Crystal will be launching an 'Access for All' Race League in the near future (summer 2012 I think) so you will definitely be able to get involved with racing soon!

In the meantime why not speak to your local race club, they may have a gates night you can attend to give it a go (definitely at an indoor slope tho, wouldn't recommend using a mono on a dry slope.. ouch!)). If they're unsure about it they can speak to the DSUK team at the slope for more info or help.

Nick at Hemel is currently working with the BDST Development Squad and guys from the CSDST on Monday nights so again, if you're ever in the area, why not head over and take a look.

Nick's email is nicholas@disabilitysnowsport.org.uk.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the black boat, that's pretty awesome!

Your comments under the 6th hour video clearly show that you well and truly have the bug - welcome to our world snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm pretty sure i saw you on a lesson at xscape a week or so ago? looks really hard to get started with!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charlie: I'm pretty much out of the racing scene because of my age. The British team are only backing much younger guys they can do development work with, and at 38 I don't come anywhere near their target age Sad Shame, 'cos I'm gona kill it Twisted Evil

Zero-G: Cheers dude, hooked like a fish by a fat, juicy worm on a hook!!! Loving it and desperate to win the lottery so that I can go hit some real slopes snowHead

Russeh: I was at Xscape on Monday last week. It isn't as hard as I made it look a few times, that's for sure, but I'm struggling on my left side due to a shoulder injury that left me spending a good portion of time lying down Laughing

Cheers for your positive comments everyone, it's great to find a sport where I feel so welcomed!!! In 15 years of being disabled I've never had an experience quite like it Very Happy

Chris
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Chris,

The Access for All Race League is for anyone wishing to get into racing, regardless of age so you will absolutely be able to get involved if you wish!

We are developing the league for those who wish to train and compete as there are currently very few opportunities for adaptive skiers to do so outside of the team.

We also run a Race Camp during the season (March) in Sestriere and also compete in the Villars 24 Hour Race (January).

For more information on either event please contact debbie@ or rachel@ disabilitysnowsport.org.uk.

Charlie
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Dude, maybe I can get involved in the league when I've got a bit more money and can afford to travel to the venues...

Chris
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the black boat, yep i was there that monday snowHead we're pretty new to skiing too its such a great sport. sounds like you're as hooked as we are Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some talk over on TGR about a monoski movie coming out this season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is that The Freedom Chair? I talked to Josh about it, can't wait to see the whole thing!!!

Chris
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy