Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you do Apres Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
For me its sinking into a hot bath with a large glass of Vin chaud, then supper either down town, or eat in chalet then if we have any energy left , we go down town for a drink. Or, its back to chalet, change into jeans, winter boots and down town for an early evening shop. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drinking heroically and smoking fags and staring blankly at the piste map trying to work out where I've been.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can never remember but people tell me I have a great time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Start drinking after the last run (not necessarily coincidental with the last lift), sauna, pre dinner drinks, dinner, nightcap, then bed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eat as many ibuprofen and paracetamol as I can, groan, whimper and collapse until the pain begins to numb then it's time for a hot shower and food. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ideally stop of somewhere on the way down for 'just one or two beers' with some live band/dj fun, ski back with perfect and precise technique (thinking, bumps are so much easier when....), then dinner at the chalet, then jager, tequila, gentleman's drinking rules, straight arm drinking etc, then whatever happens next Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe grab a beer or two on the way back to the digs. Wash, $hit & shave, clean duds, and out maybe eightish, a bite to eat and a few more beers. Normally back by the witching hour, but occasionally later, though not so much these days.

Not really one for sitting around stinking in the stuff I've been wearing all day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hit the bar as the lifts close. Back to chalet/hotel just in time to get out of ski gear and have a quick shower before dinner. After dinner there will be some discussion about going out again, but usually we end up sitting around chatting in the chalet or hotel bar for a couple of hours, then bed.

Beer tastes better when you've still got your ski boots on.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
drive home
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spud9, +1
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you can remember, you're not really Apres-ing.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All of the above.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We love to stop for a beer or two on the way back to the chalet - makes the walk in ski boots a bit easier. We always talk about going out for a few but the time everyone has got showered, nailed a couple of stiff G&T's and had dinner no one can be bothered so we usually end up sat round the table pretending to take it easy Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go home, feed cats, eat, write, sleep. It's all glamour living here, you know. Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Go back to base, shower, eat, then either TV/DVD for the evening, or swim if we have access to a pool, or maybe go window shopping if we are close to shops - possible stop into bar for a quick drink if we out evenings, then home and sleep. Apres ski has to be conducive to having kids with us.
ski holidays
I agree with Spud9, Apres HAS to be done with ski boots on....is makes dancing on the bar a little tricky after the 6th or 7th beer but that´s something that you can perfect after years of training. There is of course Apres Apres, which is taken after Apres and dinner and usually renders you incapable of skiing in any kind of style the next day, and that usually stops as the first lifts are opening.
ski holidays
kooky, I didn't realise one could actually drink that much lemonade with one's beer...... Twisted Evil
latest report
Chasseur, well...obviously if one has as large a colostomy bag as you have.....any amount of liquid is possible
snow report
kooky, that's an IV booze drip rolling eyes wink

Difference between amateur and professional, right?
snow report
Chasseur, are you telling me you are a pro?? I never doubted it for a sec Twisted Evil
snow report
sup some beer, then arrive back late for dinner, criticise the hosts, moan about the food, nick all the wine, and bore the other guests into bed.

It's like posting on here, but with a little more personal interaction.
snow conditions
We normally stop off at a bar or two on the way back to the hotel from the slopes. After that it's dinner and wine in the hotel, then maybe out again afterwards but not every night, we're getting on a bit after all.
snow report
Guvnor, made me laugh Laughing
latest report
TARTIFLETTE !
latest report
Usually peel off the sweaty layers and freshen up, then eat and drink until flat on my back looking like I'm smuggling a space-hopper under my shirt.
snow report
Once I've done all of the above, I move threads specifically about 'Apres Ski' away from the 'Apres' area of the forum, and put them in the arrea called 'The Piste'.

I don't know why, just for giggles, I guess.

Obviously, I only do this whilst naked, if I am clothed, I am not drunk enough to consider such reckless actions
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
sup some beer, then arrive back late for dinner, criticise the hosts, moan about the food, nick all the wine, and bore the other guests into bed.

Top draw Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
kooky wrote:
Chasseur, are you telling me you are a pro?? I never doubted it for a sec Twisted Evil

Ha ha.....I've never been flat on my back minus items clothing, if that's what you mean....... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ideally, Kaiserschmarren (that strange pancake/omelette thing, covered in icing sugar), Europop or oompah/yodel and Weissbier followed by red wine spritzers and maybe a schnapps then home via a Pizzeria or Stube and in bed by 10 if things haven't gone 'wrong'. My favourite three places to do this are in this post http://morethanskiing.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/24811-a-night-out-in-the-afternoon/ but I'd love to know of lower-key but still lively, less known alternatives. Any suggestions?
ski holidays
Numerous large beers outside a suitable hut on the way down to the village listening to DJ Otzi or similar. Ski down after darkness falls aiming for the twinkly lights, and drop in somewhere for an emergency libation to assist in finding hotel. Sauna, swim, dinner and then out. A switch of drinks maybe, Flügels intersperced with small beers ad infinitum until "kebab hour" - this is somewhere around 2am and there will be a kebab van somewhere run by a Turkish bloke. Go home via the wrong hotel. A single nightcap (another switch of drink, this time to some liquer you never ever touch at home) in the bar followed by another dozen nightcaps while your best mate tells you he loves you and you cure third world hunger. Go to bed and lie there perfectly drunk but also perfectly awake thanks to the gallon of Red Bull inside you from all those Flügels. Decide to call wife back home, who shouts at you for waking her up. You can't win with some people.
snow conditions
Guvnor wrote:

Haha, I think we would get on quite well.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
Numerous large beers outside a suitable hut on the way down to the village listening to DJ Otzi or similar. Ski down after darkness falls aiming for the twinkly lights, and drop in somewhere for an emergency libation to assist in finding hotel. Sauna, swim, dinner and then out. A switch of drinks maybe, Flügels intersperced with small beers ad infinitum until "kebab hour" - this is somewhere around 2am and there will be a kebab van somewhere run by a Turkish bloke. Go home via the wrong hotel. A single nightcap (another switch of drink, this time to some liquer you never ever touch at home) in the bar followed by another dozen nightcaps while your best mate tells you he loves you and you cure third world hunger. Go to bed and lie there perfectly drunk but also perfectly awake thanks to the gallon of Red Bull inside you from all those Flügels. Decide to call wife back home, who shouts at you for waking her up. You can't win with some people.

You should try sending her back home.....shouting doesn't come close Laughing
snow report
Beer, Food, Wine, more Beer, Shag, Sleep. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
Beer, Food, Wine, more Beer, Shag Sheep. Toofy Grin
corrected that for ya.
snow report
calories and alcohol and a hint of deep heat
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
Beer, Food, Wine, more Beer, Shag Sheep. Toofy Grin
corrected that for ya.

Oi!!!, I isn't Welsh you know. Laughing
snow report
Drink, shower, EAT, shop, sleep. (though the "shopping" bits often got short changed if I'm tired or the shopping options are poor)

Conversation is not part of it. I may talk, but it's mostly nonesense. I may listen but never remember any. Poor other snowheads at bashes trying to continue "conversation" they had with me from previous day's dinner found that out the hard way. It was a different abc sitting at the table.
snow conditions
End up in bar you've never seen before in different valley. . . drink beer expressing thought that we need to find bus/taxi/map home . . . get involved in 'shots' games (and lose) . . . break three ribs on the way down from a barstool that you still can't remember why you were attempting to stand on in ski boots . . . spend next day in bed trying to breath through yer back bottom rather than lungs . . . acquire pharma grade pain killers and disgust x'gf by getting her to feel the broken ends grate against each other when breathing . . . come home with an infection that needs industrial grade antibiotics to kill and more pain killers to compensate for the coughing fits . . .

. . . best holiday ever Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Beer, Food, Wine, more Beer, Bed, Snore very loudly. Toofy Grin

That's more like it wink
ski holidays
Lizzard + 1
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy