Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

folie douce val thorens to la tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can anyone advise me the quickest route back from folie d to la tania going 2nd jan for a week and would like to see some action at folie without getting stuck, i can ski all pisted terrain !!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How's this by lift:-

3V 2 or Funitel Bouqutein
Plan Des Mains
Pas Du Lac
Coqs

You could go into Meribel and take Rhodos and Loze
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew,
cheers i shall investigate on the piste map!!!!!!, i take it your a experienced 3 v man
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
quite a few times - off back to Meribel in January Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
phillip33, There was a bus, might still exist, may only go to Meribel, try checking on www.latania.co.uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with stevew, route. The most important thing is to get back to the Meribel Valley atleast.. a taxi back to LT is very expensive from Val Thorens but not so bad from Meribel... If you miss Coqs, then there is always the free bus back from 1850 to LT. Apres ski to do in La Tania (if its the same as last year) Chrome bars outside gig on a Monday and the Ski Lodge on a Wednesday...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevew's route is the most reliable but take Bouquetin not 3 Vallees 2 out from VT, it's at least 10 minutes quicker. Making Pas du Lac closing time is the most important consideration. Check on the piste map but in Jan I think it's 4.40pm in Jan. If you make that, you can always take the bus home to LT from C1850 (but remember it only runs once an hour and they are very punctual). If you're a very competent piste skier you will need to be on Bouquetin by 3.30pm to make the last Coqs lift (which in Jan is 4.35pm?) to ski all the way home to LT. If you're a punter skier (no offence!) I would suggest you're on Bouquetin by 3pm.

If it all goes Pete Tong then as long as you make the last Bouquetin lift you can ski all the way to Meribel without any lifts and then get a taxi. Unfortunately it means taking the world's most boring blue path, 'Ours' followed by the green 'Truit' but it's better than walking. Two years ago there was a free bus service from Meribel Chaudanne to LT at 7.10pm but last year it only ran during Christmas and half term so you may be out of luck on Jan 2. Taxi fee is about €30 from Meribel. You could take the free bus to Meribel Village and then get a cheaper taxi from there, or if you make the Rhodos lift in Meribel (which closes half an hour later than everything else) you can ski to Village.

Just one last comment - the FD is a laugh but don't forget you also have the Rond Point in Meribel with a band on every day from 5pm (it will mean a taxi if the bus is not running this year but at least you can switch off and not have to panic about getting home). You also have the apres live bands in LT as SnowRetreat said, plus Meribel Village, plus C1650 (The Boulotte) and C1850 (the Kalico) on various nights. If you plan your week I wouldn't see any need to be in the FD more than one or two days. IMO the FD is ok for an early drink/long lunch but by 3-4pm it's absolutely manic and there's better places to be. But maybe I'm getting old.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also a rumour going about that there will be a Folie Douce in Meribel next season! In the old Choucas restaurant under the Saulire bubble. Anyone know if the rumour is true?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowrider, must admit I'd read that rumour somewhere a few months ago, got excited and then forgot all about it! Have had a scout around the usual websites and can't find anything to support it though. I think Choucas has been demolished to make way for the new mid station of the new Saulire bubble though. See pic here http://www.merinet.com/ski-info-and-winter/snow-report-from-meribel-and-the-three-valleys.html Could it be a mid station and bar?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Raceplate wrote:
snowrider, must admit I'd read that rumour somewhere a few months ago, got excited and then forgot all about it! Have had a scout around the usual websites and can't find anything to support it though. I think Choucas has been demolished to make way for the new mid station of the new Saulire bubble though. See pic here http://www.merinet.com/ski-info-and-winter/snow-report-from-meribel-and-the-three-valleys.html Could it be a mid station and bar?

I thought about that as well but from a different angle. The new Saulire is being built in two stages, top section this year bottom next year, so the old mid station will exist this year but probably not next year. Have to say can't bring to mind a restaurant in that building haven't really passed there enough to notice.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
guys thanks alot, i,m a ok skier, to much drinking on the slopes rather than skiing, hope the Meribel rumour is true, to be honest to me it would have been more ob vious to open in meribel ?? i,m only planning on going once so will get a cab / bus (if running)from meribel wont take the risk of skiing all the way, and will leavr more drinking time Twisted Evil Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Make sure you get to Pas Du Lac with plenty of time to spare as they start putting the cabins away before closing time and have been known to run out of cabins before closing time. In which case they just shrug their shoulders and go home - it happened to me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy