Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Miquel experiences

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'd like to hear any comments on Ski Miquel holidays. We've done 3 now and they are excellent V4£ , great food, comfortable chalets and daily guiding in fast and slow groups....HOWEVER, we continue to be irritated by the rather petty rule about having your ( unfinished) carafes of wine whisked away during the cheese course. Can live with this but it seems unecessary! Also, more important was the experience last year of not having any seats reserved at Manchester Airport.....I have taken this up with SM who claim that the fault is with the airline- Thomsons. However the staff at Manchester did say that this wasnt the first time that Ski Miquel had failed to reserve seats............we did get seats eventually but this caused some unnecessary stress at the time! About to book this season's hols and before go again with this company would like to hear from others............... Cheers FiSki
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fionashield, a large number of SnowHeads stayed at the Chalet Charlotte in Monetier-les-Bains last March. I don't recall them making any complaints about the wine being removed, and I visited the chalet just after dinner on a number of occasions. I suspect they made sure the contents of the carafes were emptied into their glasses before they were removed if it did.
I'm sure one of them will be around soon to comment further.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fionashield, this post might help to give you a bit more. However as you have been with them three times,they must be good.

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54682&highlight=
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
radar wrote:
fionashield, this post might help to give you a bit more. However as you have been with them three times,they must be good.

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54682&highlight=

Many thanks - perhaps we're the only ones grouching about the wine being removed!! Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fionashield,
Where have you been with them ?
Have been thinking of using them this coming season but not sure which resort to go for.
Thanks
Mitch
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are always pleased to read comment about our holidays, great if they are good and useful if they show us where we can improve - our invincible medal usually lasts about five minutes!

Can I clear up our offer of free wine? We like most companies serve free wine during the meal, it is not limited. To make this work and I am sure you can foresee the challenge; we keep the wine to the dinner table. If guests would like a top up as we clear then they are welcome. We can't provide free drinking after the meal has finished, I hope this is seen as fair.

All seats we sell are contracted with the airline and paid for well before the departure day. It is this commitment to both seats and beds that keeps our prices down. If needed we buy more seats if demand is high also buying and paying well before departure. We can do all this as the company holds an ATOL. We send full flight manifests to the airlines at the required date prior to departure. Any suggestion by a check-in clerk that our guests are not on the appropriate flight is WRONG. At both airports we have a very competent airport representative, if there is ever a problem ring them and watch the fun! No Ski Miquel guest has failed to board the required flight.

Hope that lot helps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richard ski miquel, welcome to SnowHeads. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richard ski miquel, welcome to snowheads!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great to hear from richard ski miquel and I think we'll let the wine matter rest . Yes we have more than enough ( very drinkable Little Angel ) wine with the meal but have had rather bossy chalet staff whisking it off us and not letting us take it through to the lounge to finish leisurely which has niggled people...........

The issue with flights last year has concerned some of my group as we were put on 'stand by' and therefore didn't know until the last minute if we would be able to board. Sorry Richard, but if is this is the fault of the airline as you indicate, then I hope following my raising this with you last Feb, you took it up with the airline.

We are definitely booking with Ski Miquel this year ( if Richard can find us places!!) as cant beat it for chalets, food and daily guiding......it is highly recommended. Little Angel

Mitch we've been to Saalbach and Lauterbrunnen and looking to return to Lauterbrunnen this season. In both have stayed at the chalet hotels- all excellent and daily guiding in 2 groups allows for our mixed ability group to all enjoy the day and often meet at lunch time. Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fionashield wrote:
have had rather bossy chalet staff whisking it off us and not letting us take it through to the lounge to finish leisurely which has niggled people...........

We have had that too, (although it wasn't Ski Miquel). It seems mad because it resulted in us taking as long as possible over the last course. Which meant that the chalet staff had to wait a long while before they could clear up and clear off out! Can't have it both ways rolling eyes .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally speaking I've found over the last couple of years chalet staff more likely to leave wine around for longer (not Ski Miguel) and I feel that it's because more keen to keep customers during the recession / make the offer better.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our last chalet holiday was some time ago, but as I remember, when the cheese was being served, they filled up the carafes again, and then left us to finish the wine, having cleared up the dishes. Not Ski Miquel though when I visited their Chalet Charlotte last winter after dinner, I was offered a glass from the table, and drank it on the sofa.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy