Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finkenburg piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we have booked to go to Finkenburg at Christmas and we are wondering if you can ski down to the village. Some piste maps show a proper piste and some show a ski route, which is it?

Cheers Rob.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent my formative years staying in Finkenburg whilst learning to ski on the Penken. Last I was there you can ski all the way back down to the village and it was a marked run. That was over a decade ago though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, I wonder if they have made it a proper piste now. One of the other pistes linking the Penken area with Lanersbach also is show as a ski route on some maps and a piste on others. Both would be usefull pistes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a skiroute. I visited Mayrhofen the past two seasons, both weeks the village routes were closed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a forestry road, narrow and icy in places if something has driven up it, and bare and scraped in others.

It only opens for any length of time in exceptional years - if there is >1m of snow in the village which lasts for more than about a week, it may be open. If not, ski to the mid station and download on the gondola - for tired legs, this is much safer, especially as the ski school instructors race down if the route is open.

At Christmas it is highly unlikely to be open.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy