Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Report: 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Samerberg Sue, I love you. I presume this was holidayloverxx's 1st ski, what did she make of it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, I like it Very Happy

great few days with Samerberg Sue, nicely finished off with the Christmas market in Salzburg. Now, when am I going back......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, we'll have to find somewhere for you to try more of the Punsch - the Advent Market closes next Saturday! Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Punsch sounds delicious... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stunning bluebird day in Schladming today. Haus mountain in glorious condition. Called it a day at 3 due to hurty knee, showing worrying signes of sensible-ness post-op. it won't last.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John, was a glorious day, I headed away from Schladders to Zauchansee. Lovely powder to be had, cold and dry. A few rocks poking through still off piste, still needs more base but not complaining, it's early season. Piste skiing was okay but all the bloody snow cannons make for nice man made snow hazards.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, Tell me about it. Skiing in a haze most of the day, and me and a friend nearly collided avoiding a massive pile in flat light.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, At Flachau today and spent most the day avoiding huge lumps of snow on the piste. The final run down to Achter Jet base station was a whiteout of artificial snow. I guess they will bash the stashes out for next week as that will be the bust holiday time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, Enjoy. Going home tomorrow, boo. Out to PDS for 10 days on the 20th Jan, hurrah!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Possibly the perfect powder day. Woke up to what looked like a light dusting of snow and snowing moderately. Drop son off at kindergarten and drive down to the "planet planai", an expensive new car park and gondola station. Met 2 friends up on the top of planai and headed to Haus via mitterhaus, Found fabulous powder in amongst the trees, vis was getting worse due to snowfall but no worries in the woods. Lots of lovely lumps and bumps to get little jumps off whilst weaving around the trees. Then headed to the new Kaiblingalm 8 man chair. Pretty much replaced an old t-bar but starts lower and goes a tad higher, so that was an open invite to explorer the off piste. Hmm got a little lost in some hollows but nothing too bad, vis was awful as above tree line but snow good. As we hit the tree line we skied some logged out areas, hit some undergrowth but still fun. Then quick coffee stop before skiing back down to Schaldming, from the top almost all off piste. Skied some perfect powder in a secret little glade, so good I almost messed myself. Then we skied down a summer walking path through the woods, I walked and cycled down this in the summer and thought it could be good, it certainly was except for a blown down tree that appeared across the path around a corner, a quick limbo required. Finished planai with some great powder meadows not far above town. Midday, snowing hard, skied great powder, so starts part 2.

Drive to Zauchansee to meet some more ski buddies, stop at petrol station for take out grub and hit the road. 30mins later parked up at Zauchansee and heading for lift in heavy snowfall. Wow an intense couple of hours skiing the back bowls and woods, we only saw 2 or 3 other skiers off piste all afternoon. Wonderful 30+cms off piste and even the piste were fun.

Shortest day of the year, resulted in my longest and best ski of the year, from 8:30 til dusk (just after 4), non-stop powder. I can't explain why powder is so addictive and fun but I certainly got my portion today Very Happy

We start our journey back to the UK tomorrow for xmas but not until midday so I may sneak some more powder in early doors. Hope to post some photos later, still snowing hard. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone know what the conditions are like in the Gastein Valley, in particular Dorfgastein area?
Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos, Why oh why wasn't there enough down for tree skiing when I was there!!! Evil or Very Mad WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oasis13, Left gastein on Monday pm and grossarl/dorf was good on the sunday middle station and up. Especially grossarl where there was plenty of offpiste to play in. Rest of gastein only really 50% open - I'm hoping this heavy snowfall Waynos is seeing is also falling in gastein which should then see all the rest open up for Xmas.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 22-12-11 1:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Speedster, oasis13, me too, we fly out on saturday! Webcams today certainly looked promising Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Busy night, just been through today's pics, not the best set of pics but here's a couple,one from Schladming and one from Zauchansee

Morning: Schladming Trees

Afternoon: Zauchansee trees
snow report
waynos, Lovely. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Waynos, looks awesome. WTF was I thinking when I decided that spending a few days in Barcelona would be a good way to break up the ski holiday !?
snow report
Out for an early ski this morning. Snowing overnight, so another 15-20cm higher up. Lots of lovely pow even on piste. Legs screaming at me after yesterday, so not fully enjoying myself and quit early before having an accident. Did ski down part of the mountain bike downhill track (the flowline) through the woods, lots of fun with banked corners and small jumps, was easier on skis than the bike. Excellent conditions for those coming out over xmas, still snowing lightly. That's my skiing done for a couple of weeks, back to UK to start my xmas shopping tomorrow afternoon, the thought of it makes me quite ill.
ski holidays
20cm since We arrived last night. Still snowing. Conditions described as Best Ever. We shall see.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Awaiting your report with baited breath as in schladming from the 7th. Have a good xmas snowHead
latest report
Quote:

20cm since We arrived last night. Still snowing. Conditions described as Best Ever. We shall see.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Madeye-Smiley snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Absolutely paggered. Now saying up the apes. Mental day Smile
snow report
Oops. Best have another beer n shot lmao
snow conditions
Great, great snow. Kings of Leon suitably loud under the G rafenberg Smile All party say best morning ever.
ski holidays
Got the sparklers out now
Feel like Balotelli
ski holidays
Arrived in bad gastein last night. apparently it snowed all day but visibility was pretty rotten. skiied mostly on stubernkogel today and it was pretty damn good, you can tell where they've been running snow cannon but there's plenty of good honest snow around too. excellent day's skiing, mostly on piste as it's the first day of the season and we were with the tour op ski guide who isn't allowed to lead off piste. you could more or less feel the freezing level one the ski back to town as it suddenly got a bit grabby about 100m above town.

looking forward to tomorrow, schlossalm I think is the plan
latest report
Hazlenut schnapps - very gut
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, "Up the Apes!"
ski holidays
Missed last bus, fell over on walk home, broke ski pole Embarassed
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, What are you like! I hope you haven't peaked too soon......
latest report
Sounds like he hasn't lost his touch - most impressed Laughing
snow report
nbt, good stuff, keep us updated, I'm off to Gastein on the 31st Dec.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked
latest report
Quote:

I hope you haven't peaked too soon......

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
See you in the morning Frosty the Snowman, I hope the Kater isn't too painful, but at least I'll be able to keep up with you Toofy Grin
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Good to see you are having fun Cool
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, no update since you missed the bus and fell over...getting worried! Nothing like a ski to clear the head in the morning.
snow report
All is well
Good snow again, gripped after lunch as it warmed up. Still great skiing on the Alpendorf/Wagrain side where We have spent last 2 days.
Off paste still good according to some. One of our party captured on bid in hilarious crash.
Still quite, great area.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Off paste still good according to some.

If a little sticky. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy