Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Problem with binding mounting-grateful for advice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I have a pair of Naxo NX21s on some wood cored off piste skis. The mount seems fine, but when I ski on the skis for a couple of days two bumps appear in the bases, under the mounting screws. After not skiing on them for a couple of days, and keeping them in a warm dry place, the bumps disappear and the bases return to their previous flat state. Does anyone else have experience of this situation, or have any ideas how I might solve the problem?

Thanks v. much.
W94.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a question for Spyderjon www.jonsskituning.co.uk
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
W94 wrote:
two bumps appear in the bases, under the mounting screws

I'm not familiar with the bindings, but surely there are more than 2 mountings screws? Under which are the bumps? Obvious answer is to use shorter screws....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sounds like they have either drilled them too shallow and the screw is pushing core material down into the base or the screws are too long....or were too long and they have switched them to shorter ones which is why the bumps are able to disappear

not sure without seeing them
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks CEM, that's useful. Do you think it would be worth having them re-mounted, or could that risk making it worse? Appreciate its quite hard to comment without seeing them-unfortunately they're in Austria at the mo.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
W94, a simple two step solution:

1. Using a no.3 pozi screw driver remove screws, grind off 1-2mm in length, squirt a shot of a flexible waterproof wood glue in the binding holes (Evo-Stick in the blue bottle), re-insert screws until the screw stops & then nip-up an eigth of a turn (no more) & go ski!
2. The Naxo's went out of production a year or two ago so start saving for a replacement binding for when they break. It's a case of when, not if.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Spyderjon, I'll give that a shot. The Naxo's have developed a fair bit of slop lately: as you suggest, I think after next season I'll ne back to Fritschi!

Cheers all,
W94.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy