Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850 catered chalet - any recommendations? 8 or 10 people

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Courchevel 1850 next season - there will be 8 or 10 in our party and we are looking for a catered chalet. Ideally close to the slopes and to the resort centre as we have a non skier and 2 children in our group.

I am currently looking at the Chalet Bellecotte and also chalet Eboulis but would love some recommendations please!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any recommendations for meals out too would be greatly received!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd have a look at 1650, much better value for your money, chalet Mors and Monique are run by Ski Olympic and we had a really good holiday with them in January. Very close to resort centre, the buses run to 1850 if there is a specific reason you want to be there, and easy access to slopes etc in the morning - up an escalator and you are on the snow.

My trip report here, has quite a lot on places to eat on the slopes. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1697465
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beccyh wrote:
Any recommendations for meals out too would be greatly received!

...I'd be keen to here about dining options as well. I'm also heading to Courchevel 1850 in a group of around 30 people in January in a hotel right in the centre and near the lifts. Although I'm staying on a half board basis, I've heard it's a fortune just for lunch Confused
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1550 and 1650 are much cheaper and 1650 ones have a lot of charm. As you come down the escalator cross the road to your left was a great place which did 2 course specials for 10euro which was really nice
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would avoid staying in 1850 - however - if booked, then cheap lunch can be found in the 1850 Forum (shopping area) where you can get a bagette - if you are a luncher - i.e. want a sit down, then the options near 1850 are limited. I generally don't lunch - I eat well at the chalet (I stay in Le Praz) take snax and get back for cake having skied all day - as much as I can t my age - with perhap a coffee stop

On skis you can lunch away from 1850 - 1650 has the Eterlou and Katy's (if open) which are ok value, or ski off to Tim's Ski Lodge at La Tania, or St Martin - there is a restaurant at the botton of the piste b y the drag lift - right as you go under the tunnel in, as exmples

Whatever you do, don't unless you like Oliogarch prices go to Chalet Pierre on the piste back into 1850! I generally us 1850 as a ski through!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's great FastFlint, thanks very much - I'd rather have a quick bite at lunchtime than stuff meself at Brekkie, little and often an' all that! I suppose I'll smell a rat anyway if I end up on a table next to a certain Mr Abramovich as you've hinted though wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beccyh, You'll probably find a more sensibly priced range of chalets in La Tania - http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/accomm.htm is a good as starting place as any.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy