Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Bootfitter for the punters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://alainbaxter.co.uk/index.asp
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does he sell nasal decongestants as well?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haggis_Trap,
Quote:

Best ski racer the UK has ever produced IMHO.

Perhaps in recent years, but not in comparison to some of the older skiers out there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
his WC finishes/consistency put him way ahead of the rest, what other measures should be used? (single highest finish? but if you do nothing else other than that can you be considered the best?). Think hes got >20 top 30 WC finishes, 4 or 5 top 10 WC finishes and well over 100 top 10s up and down the various levels. Any of the older dudes comparing to that?

hope the shop goes well
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stirling is even further away than Bicester!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, dont get me wrong, i'm still gettin me booties online Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha - According to snowheads conventional wisdom you cant get ski boots fitted properly in the north wink
Alain Baxter is a local legend (also later proven innocent of any deliberate wrong-doing despite sadly losing the medal)
Good luck to him with the new project.

Quote:
Perhaps in recent years, but not in comparison to some of the older skiers out there

In terms of results and WC ranking he is the best skier UK has produced.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might be wrong but I thought he got the medal back!?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Ha - According to snowheads conventional wisdom you cant get ski boots fitted properly in the north wink
Alain Baxter is a local legend (also later proven innocent of any deliberate wrong-doing despite sadly losing the medal)
Good luck to him with the new project.

Quote:

In terms of results and WC ranking he is the best skier UK has produced.

Best alpine SL, GS, SG, Downhill and combined skier maybe.

Marc Poncin has been very successful in speed skiing. Was ranked world number 1 for years, still holds the British and commonwealth record and won a crystal globe as little as 3 years ago and I think is currently the 7th fastest skier in history at 245+kph (this may have changed in the last couple of years).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry wrote:
his WC finishes/consistency put him way ahead of the rest, what other measures should be used? (single highest finish? but if you do nothing else other than that can you be considered the best?). Think hes got >20 top 30 WC finishes, 4 or 5 top 10 WC finishes and well over 100 top 10s up and down the various levels. Any of the older dudes comparing to that?

hope the shop goes well

Yep, can check his results via the FIS website. Worth looking at 2001/02 when he was knocking on the door of podiums every outing. Our best technical skier by miles ever.

Best of luck to him. Wonder if he'll enjoy being on his knees all day.

Sadly, Mr Raich still has the bronze even though, rumour has it, he'd happily pass it back if he were allowed to.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He was well and truely stitched up by the American Coach IIRC.

Chatting to him at Chill, It sounds like he has made a fairly big investment in gear I wish hime the best of luck in his new business
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy