Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d huez comparison

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
Was hoping for a bit of advice as am heading out to alpe d'huez for the first time in January. Have been to tignes, sauze and done a season in val before, how does ADH compare, terrain and resort wise? We are staying in the chalet namika in altipiort. I was wondering if anyone stayed here before or in any of the chalets in this evelopment and could give me an idea what to expect?! Any advice well received!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about Tignes is fully linked with Val D offering 300km piste. Sauze d'Olux is one side of Milky Way totally 400km piste. ADH is just one resort on its own with 248km piste.

ADH is known to have more challengin black runs then others. Snow wise it is not as good as the other two.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about alpe d'huez in January is much, much emptier than Val d, great runs take way longer to get skied out, and queueing in the satellite villages is virtually non-existent.

Statistics like piste mileage are kind of meaningless compared to these advantages, while snow quality is only an issue come late season.

But then there are the twenty one bends to get up to the resort - as a sprinter with little fat legs I hate that climb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mark cavendish, thee one and only??????????
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like both resorts for different reasons, and depends on your skiing level - I am guesssing you are pretty expert having done a season. There is no queuing that's for sure, the smaller villiages are fun, easy blues/reds fun for blasting around. 4 great top to bottom routes starting with blacks and mainly black/reds which means constant skiing for 20 mins or more, great black run round the back, OK top half is black, bottom is a track, but lovely, empty and feels like you are away from it all.

I have not done off Piste so cannot comment, but for a weeks skiing, I really like it. Although this year trying Les Arcs
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy