Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

couples resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hey all
Ok, after my friends wife totally F'ing up things with our trip because she won't allow the friend to go with me and my wife, I have to now organise 2 trips. One with the wife and one with him (because it is only ok if my wife doesn't go with. She doesn't want to be excluded from the holiday... even though she was invited and said no. So it can only be a guys weekend. Maybe she thinks we were going to try hook him into a threeway or something). Sorry, but I'm just really irritated by the whole situation. Anyway, on the plus side, I do get 2 trips. So, the trip with him is going to be something cheap. Nice area but cheap accommodation, etc. For the trip with the wife, I would like something where there is a bit more to do. She is not big into skiing and I know she likes things like snow-shoeing, sledding and pretty villages. I've only done research into good ski places, so my question would be.... is there an area that might not be the best for skiing but has other stuff that could appeal to couples?
Thanks
Alan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Alan,

My wife & I have been to Whistler for the last two holidays and are returning in March 2012 for 15 nights.

Whilst the skiing is world class the resort has loads of activities that don't require skis such as tubing, zip lining, snow-mobiling, spa resort, cinema, gourmet restaurants, snow-shoeing, sleigh rides, snowcat tours, etc. LOADS.

Without knowing your budget it's hard to advise on what you could have there but we wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

SnowMonkey69
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi AlanB1976,

It might be worth taking a look at Les Coches where our chalet is based. It's in the heart of the Paradiski area with 425km of pistes, so plenty of skiing, but there are a lot of other activities too.

Both Les Coches and nearby (free bus) Montchavin are small villages with nice cafes and bars and pedestrian centres to wander round. There is guided and self-guided snow shoeing and a huge amount of walking trails round the villages. In Les Coches there is a reserved sledging area and ice rink plus the chance to try some more adventurous activities including skidoos, parapente and La Plagne's world famous bobsleigh run.

Alternatively think about hiring a car. It doesn't work out much more expensive than a transfer and it means that you can explore some of the historic valley towns like Aime or Bourg Saint Maurice and visit the local markets etc.

Hope that helps - feel free to e-mail if you have any questions
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlanB1976,

You could consider a ski resort near a larger town (e.g. Innsbruck) or if your other half likes swiiming then a ski resort with thermal baths might appeal (e.g. Bad Gastein).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry... I wasn't very clear. I should have said that we are looking at a European trip (Austria preferably).
And since this is our first European ski trip, we are going to take a package deal (for simplicity) so need some area that is included in the deals.
With making 2 trips, the budget has been cut a bit, but am willing to go to about £850 each (for everything, food excl.).... if that is possible for a nice place.

I will have a look at the suggested places Smile
ski holidays
 cran
cran
If your friend is not allowed to go then Just do one trip with your wife.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, I'm trying to force the silver lining out of that cloud by allowing myself to splurge on 2 trips NehNeh
That and I miss my buddy (since I immigrated overseas) so want to do what I can to see him. Which is another reason I'm so furious with that cow. I don't see him for ages and she won't allow him to go.... grrrrrrrrr...... He should grow a pair though.
He will be getting the cheaper side of the 2 trips Wink

DB, I can picture my wife's face if I told her to pack a costume for the ski trip Laughing . I will do the suggestion and see what she says.

Thanks for all the replies Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does she not understand that if you go away for a boys week, that gives you an ideal chance to encourage him to meet someone that isn't a possessive weirdo. Tell him to stand up to her or she comes on the trip.

Christ I hate it when people do stuff like this.

For a decent option with wifey, we've always been welcomed in to groups in chalets, and had a good time, I'd look to Ski Olympic for good quality at a decent price.
latest report
 cran
cran
he will be divorced next year if he has any sense...

and yeah I agree with Monium, why does his wife think he's more likely to pull on a trip with you and your wife than on a boys trip?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it was me, I'd organise a two week trip for me, and then go on the outbound with a mate and spend the week drinking, skiing a bit, and generally destroying yourself, then wifey comes out when matey goes home and you have a week of relaxing, nice lunches, and recovering. I am planning something really quite similar next year, just got to iron out the details.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lol...I'll have to tell him that the guys from the forum said he must get divorced NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For a 'romantic' trip with the bride, may I suggest Macugnaga.

http://www.macugnaga.it/en/

You don't want to off skiing a big area all day, further irritating the missus, and Macugnaga definitely doesn't have one. It does however have possibly the gentlest piste I've ever seen, up at the top end, that may appeal to herself. There's not a massive amount to do, but that's not always a bad thing.

And it really is a cute place, so maybe your enjoyment of it may come back in other ways............
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know it's not Austria but the missus and I went to Megeve last year and had a great time. Lovely little town for wandering around and nice little restaurants and bars (but nothing too crazy). There were loads of people snow-shoeing around on the mountain too. Very romantic place and a decent ski area too (if slightly lacking in challenging terrain...).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlanB1976 wrote:

DB, I can picture my wife's face if I told her to pack a costume for the ski trip Laughing . I will do the suggestion and see what she says.

What's better after a 'hard' day on the Austrian slopes ....

http://www.hotel-tirol.at/images/pic_alpentherme.jpg

http://cdn.dornob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/off-grid-wood-fire-hot-tub1.jpg

http://www.gastein.com/images/content/wellness/felsentherme_3.jpg

http://www.thermen-suche.at/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/therme-badkleinkirchheim.jpg
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My wife had a good chuckle at the comments.

Things have changed again now. All I wanted was to organise a simple ski trip and it's turned into a nightmare. Now, my wife has decided that she will pull out so that I can see my buddy and not have the large expense of 2 big trips (she is great). I do have to promise her a nice beach trip next year though NehNeh
So it's back to the original plan of just 1 trip (plus a el cheapo one for me early in the season maybe).
Thanks for the advice anyway. Really appreciated. I will keep the comments in mind for a trip the following season.
latest report
AlanB1976, that's such a shame it means you can't get two trips in this year!
latest report
AlanB1976, have you suggested ditching the freakbird? Laughing

Sounds like a round of champers for your own bird though - can't say I'd be happy to dump a week's ski trip so that mate's wife could behave like a weirdo.
snow report
well, I'm still working on a cheap one for just me. I'm trying for a long weekend this November
snow report
AlanB1976, The mountain sun camps in Tignes work out around £40 a night or so all in excluding travel to/from GVA and alcohol. Worth a look - I'm considering 30/10-02/11 whilst I'm there as a warm up.
snow report
yea, I was told about those and tried to pm Joanne (I think that was her) to find out more info but never got a reply. I needed to find out info about renting equipment, etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jivebaby, the mountainsun camps don't include alcohol, but the house wine is reasonably priced.

AlanB1976, see here http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/index.html for deatils, plus do a search on snowheads, there's a few threads from previous years about it.You can also call them in the UK 01273 257008 Ext 2 or 07808 722740
snow report
Quick question... what age of people do that? I ask as I am 35 and don't want to be the old 'fuddy duddy" that goes along. I would prefer a trip with people my own age..... damn I sound old.
ski holidays
AlanB1976, all sorts of ages. Lots of SnowHeads go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AlanB1976, Yeah ..last one back buys the beers! Twisted Evil
snow report
just saw that the timing really sucks. 3 nights just doesn't fall in nicely with Easyjet from Bristol. So it's either expensive flights or additional nights over at the airport. Doesn't gel with a cheap trip.....grrrrrrrr
ski holidays
AlanB1976, You male your own dates as MS run evening transfers every day. Just that three days use to be a standard minimum. Maybe do 3,4 or 5, whatever ever suits you best. Good chance that you'll bump into some other SH's. Laughing
latest report
I thought it was just in 3 day blocks. At least that is what I read on their site.I'll have to have another look. Problem is that Easyjet only fly every second day and the return flights are at 16h30, so I would miss the flight with the transfer times and have to stay over at the airport and lose a whole day doing nothing. I'll have another look to make sure I didn't miss anything. Why can't anything just be simple Razz
snow report
AlanB1976, The Sunday return flight is late around 20:50 which would give you time in late November? MS arrive GVA around 18;30/19:00 ish as they have a 19:30 or so return down to Tignes: that for should be OK you, and perhaps familiarise yourself with the airport on arrival viz-a-vis desks/departure gates etc for the Sunday: That's Wed 23/11 -27/11 would give you three and a half days skiing. 19:30 GVA eta Tignes 21:30 Ski Thur, Fri, sat and Sun morning with dep around 16:00 or so from memory. As holidayloverxx, said perhaps give them a call?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've sent a message to them asking about the days. The site does say that it is 3 day blocks only (except for first and last weekend). I see about the Sunday flight leaving later. Problem is to coincide with the 3 nights, I would have to leave on Thu which Easyjet doesn't do. They only fly Wed and Fri. I'll see what they say about the request for 4 nights.
latest report
Just got a reply. The 3 days is not possible. I would have to either stay over at the airport (which is a pure waste of time and money) or take a train to London and get a flight from there (which would be more expensive).
AAARRRGGGGG!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy