Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venice city to Marco Polo in January

Poster: A snowHead
Anybody know what the transport between Marco Polo and Venice city is like? Fancy spending a day/night in Venice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
James the Last, You can get a bus from the airport which we all did for the Birthday bash last year. Very regular service which you can book at the airport. There are also boat transfers which are more expensive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
James the Last,

You need to pay before you get on - and much cheaper to get a return ticket if that's what you need.

Either get a ticket from the tourist desk (outside of the arrivals door) - or walk up the road (out of the airport) and turn left (50m) go into the reception of the hotel and they will sell you a ticket.

If you're getting another bus from the bus station then go to the small window on the side of the big building (opposite the car park) -look for the GB flag to show they speak english. If you're getting a train then when you get off the bus go over the big bridge (you'll see it) and walk down for about 100m and the station is on your left.

Return bus ticket between 4 and 12 eros - depending on times between rides.
Water taxi about 100 each way (only for tourist really)
To get water bus - come out of airport terminal and follow the walk way to the left. Keep going to to the end of the walk way - the pay desks for the water bus are on your left about 50m accross the grass

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 22-08-11 14:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, The bus from the airport which geepee referred to above is run by ATVO. It goes from just outside the airport arrivals and terminates in the Piazzale Roma in Venice (where you also catch the return bus). You can also bring suitcases etc with you in the luggage area of the coach if you intend staying in accommodation in Venice. If you have skis with you and don't want to lug them with you to Venice then the airport also has a left luggage office, which some of us used (I think it was 5 Euro per item). Some more info on the airport transport to Venice here.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 23-08-11 6:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
James the Last, SO lovely by water. Everyone's first view of Venice should be from the sea.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, I just got back from Venice, went by sea, OMG beautiful, but it was almost 38 degrees and heaving. Will definately go back in the winter. Did you visit the small Island of Burrano by chance?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kooky, yes, I've been to Burano, but it isn't a patch on Torcello (a bit further away than Burano) which has got to be one of the most romantic places on earth in winter. I've only visited Venice in winter - many times. I've no desire to go there in any other season. I've experienced every kind of weather, Venice is beautiful in all of them - snow, acqua alta, fog, warm sunshine and one famous occasion when the lagoon froze over, so you had to go to the airport by bus, the boats could't go! Heavy and persistent rain can, admittedly, be a bit of a drag in Venice as anywhere else.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
100% agree to arrive by water - the water bus is fine and probably will get you closer to your hotel than the bus, but a water taxi is a wonderful treat.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Water taxi, and your best 007 sunglasses regardless , bus is a poor way to enter Venice.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have been to Venice many times but the only way to arrive is by water!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
James the Last,
You can book a ticket on line here (for a taxi not a water-bus)

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/biglietto_1.php

Water bus here
http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43&lang=italian&vmcchk=1&Itemid=43
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the water bus is so good, and so cheap, I wouldn't personally consider a water taxi. We went from Milan to Venice by train, arriving late, and to get to our pre-booked hotel out at the Lido we took the water bus which goes straight down the Grand Canal - it was 9 pm - dark (March), and there was a full moon. The four of us sat in the open back bit of the water bus and did the Grand Canal by moonlight for a few lire. Cool
I've been in winter and summer and would only consider going again in winter. Summer was extremely hot, extremely crowded and fairly smelly.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only problem going in winter is that you might need your wellies to walk through St Marks square as it often floods
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all.

chrisb, my ski boots are waterproof, but will I be able to take them as hand luggage on the waterbus?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
James the Last, the waterbus is just the bus on water, so you can take most things on as long as it is not too bulky. Venice is a great city, never noticed the smell in summer and somehow it does not matter how crowded it it, you just see the city. Kids have always loved their visits there
snow report
I think Venice is one of those places which just can't help living up to all one's preconceptions and expectation - it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity of a visit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy