Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jackson Hole 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Am planning to go to jackson Hole for three nights in Feb - does anyone have any advice about which area is best to stay in to get a good balance between ski during the day and eating out at night - the ski-ing is, of course, the most important factor but we like a good meal in the evening too (not to fussed about bars etc as like the full day on the slope without the fuzzy head!). Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Teton Village is handiest for the slopes, Jackson town best for nightlife and probably cheaper accomodation if that's a factor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Thanks - do you know how long a shuttle bus would take from Jackson to the slopes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IIRC its about 12 miles to the slopes and takes 20 minutes.

I'd definitely recommend staying in the town. It's atmospheric and there are some very nice restaurants - including a great Mexican (Merry Piglets, or something similar).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stay in Jackson Hole town.

Teton Village is ski-in-ski-out. But it lacks atmosphere at night.

The skihill is like one giant black trail.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd stay in Teton Village for ease of access to the slopes but get the bus in to Jackson for the evening. If you stay late you'll need to get a taxi back but it's not that expensive.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TV is for old people and swingers.

Stay in JH, where the buzz is.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If skiing is the priority and eating out is the only "night life" you've got in mind, stay at Teton village.

The bus to the hill isn't the most convenient thing. It can get crowded and not the most comfortable, especially you're all dressed up for skiing.

Compare to that, it's much more civilized to ride the bus without all the ski equipment. Just aim for a bus to get you to town, one to get back after dinner. Or get a taxi.

Havinng said all that, I always stay in town. But that's because I always have a car. I'd like to do a bit of sightseeing besides skiing. Of all the ski destination in the states, the Tetons probably has the best scenery and hence good sightseeing potentials.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stay in town but rent a 4x4. Far more restaurants and much more atmosphere on town, but catching the bus is a bit proletarian. Who wants to hang round on a street corner when you could be travelling in air conditioned, leather-cossetted luxury?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice have booked today! Three nights in Jackson Hole staying in town and then 8 nights in Park City! Very excited! Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy