Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees Christmas/New Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, has anyone recommendations for resorts in Spain/France/Andorra for the Christmas/New Year period for a grown up family trip? The party consists of one very good skier aged 20, one intermediate in his 20s, one intermediate in his 50s and a very low intermediate (me) in her 50s. So we need that ideal combination of gentle slopes (not too crowded, naturally, despite it being public holiday period) and more demanding runs/off piste. And we need to find somewhere that one of the party can get to from Barcelona without a car!
Happiest with a relatively quiet resort, though the younger members of the party would like a few bars/clubs, of course.
Is Christmas/New Year a bit early for the Pyrenees? If so, the Barcelona person would have to get a flight to Geneva for an alpine resort.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lilymaid, We were in Baqueira last Christmas and had plenty of snow. The final day of the holiday, Christmas day dawned a blue bird powder day with some of the lightest powder I've ever skied.

Baqueira is which is on the Spanish side. A good selection of slopes for everyone and you can get there via a bus service from Barcalona.

You might try http://www.skinspired.co.uk/ or http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

It's definitely do-able to make the alpes from Barcelona without flying if that helps?

You can do Barcelona direct to Montpellier and then Montpellier direct to Lyon or Geneva from which you can access all of the Tarentaise. It's about 10 hours on the train but (I think although don't quote me on this) it's possible to do overnight.

Happy planning
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lilymaid, we have skied in Soldeu, Andorra and would think that this meets a lot of your criteria (not sure about the very good skier tho as we are not of that standard). Sorry, cant help about transport from Barcelona.

Easyjet have 2 or 3 flights daily to Geneva from Barcelona and prices for New Year are still low.

AndAnotherThing.., we are looking to go to Baqueira in the near future, would like to hear your views on it

Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lilymaid, U can take train to La Molina, but not stay there, take taxi 15min to Masella,, linked to La Molina, but nicer skiing and more snow. Xmas no problem with snow, use to open early November,,, http://www.masella.com/?idioma=ING
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I forget to say I think train from Barcelona to La Molina is a little less than 3hours,,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A second vote for Soldeu - would fit the requirement for different abilities plus great mixed nightlife with live music and bars open late too, plus plenty of Christmas and New Year parties.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zockel, I wrote up a trip report from a 2 weeker I did with a friend season last:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63153#1494016

Some photo's there too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I was kid we stayed in La Molina over Christmas and New Year. There was no snow, and it wasn't even cold enough to run the snow canons. we ended up being bused to Pas de le casa, Andorra (along with lost of other peoe staying in other areas) it was unseasonbally warm. When they finally were able to run the snow canons they stopped bussing us to Andorra but there were only about 2 runs open. Must admit That experience has put me off the pyrenees even though logically we were just unluckly. However based on that I would recommend Andorra over other areas as it is more snow sure. I am sure it won't be as crowded when all the skiers staying in the vaguely surrounding areas aren't also skiing there
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AndAnotherThing.., thanks for this, will have a read
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow, have been away and have come back to all these useful responses. Thanks so much! Shall discuss with the family - we all have slightly different requirements, but all agree that it is great to get away from the UK around that time of year!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy