Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any info on Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Ski Area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ever skied in the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis ski area? We have just had a fab week walking there and thought it looked very promising in the winter too. Is the snow good? How busy does it get? Would there be enough there to keep us occupied for a week (keen piste-bashers). Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Austria normally do not have an issue with snow with their mountain range skiing resorts.

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis has been selling itself as a friendly resort for familes as it has good facilties for kids. It has 185km pist and 53 lifts and is definitely big enough for a week as Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis are different skiing areas but all fully linked together.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FionaG, Supposed to be very good and rather upmarket/family orientated resort. Never been but only heard good things. And it is def on my list.
It is pretty high so rather good snow but lower, south orientated slopes might suffer sometimes. Ultra modern lifts, they are updating the last important T Bar - Masner this summer to 6 person chair and this should add also a few extra runs to mentioned already 185km of pistes.

Pictures from German forum:
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34406&hilit=serfaus#p4671154
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd book it early as a lot of Swiss go there and with the exchange rate it will be very cheap for them this year.

It's been talked about before on Snowheads - do a search on "Serfaus" but be sure to select the "Search previous: Search topic title and message text" option.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FionaG, Usually the snow is good, I've always been there at the beginning of April and have never yet had a problem with snow cover. It's an enormous area, plenty there to keep you going for a week. I would stay in either Fiss or Serfaus, Ladis is a bit out of the way and takes a while to get from there to the main ski area.
It's a quiet place, so if party and apres is what you are after then it's not for you. DB's advice about booking early is good, whereby I've always done it spontaneously and have not yet had a problem finding a place to stay.
In Serfaus, don't be put off by the fact that the hotels are some way from the main ski lifts. They have an underground train that runs all the way through the village right up the lifts!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FionaG, it's great. Still pretty-much a secret as far as Brits are concerned. Keen piste bashers will love it, especially over on the Fiss side.

Stayed in the Cervosa which was v nice and also once did a night in the Schalber which was v v nice indeed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been there twice, unfortunately in about '74 and '75, when I was about 6 and 7 respectively, so i can't remember much. I do not remember the train from then, so it must be new(ish) Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FionaG, I've stayed in Serfaus twice - a great resort & would highly recommend it. The snow is normally good as the resort is quite high for Austria & there's certainly enough to keep you busy for a week. A few past threads here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1737415&highlight=serfaus#1737415
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1500678&highlight=serfaus#1500678
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976&highlight=serfaus

If you've got any specific questions just ask - there's quite a few on here that have skiied there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I worked there a while ago. The snow cover is reliable, and there is a lot of snowmaking, so cover shouldn't be a problem. While the snow it gets sticks around, it doesn't get as much as the arlberg, so the off piste doesn't last that long. Lift lines don't tend to be a problem, even in peak season, other than for the three gondolas from the village first thing in the morning. There are a lot of swiss andc dutch there though, as DB notes: on that basis, its worth booking early, unless you're going with a tour op (i think crystal used to go, but they may not any more). All in all I'd highly recommend it!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The snow cover is reliable, and there is a lot of snowmaking, so cover shouldn't be a problem. While the snow it gets sticks around, it doesn't get as much as the arlberg, so the off piste doesn't last that long.

+1
Serfaus should be better with small children (the underground train and the large children's area in the village, the wind protected bowl/area at the top of the gondola). For groups of adults or families with older children, I' d say Fiss should be better and marginally cheaper. I wouldn't go to Ladis as it's harder to ski the other parts of the resort from there and that side of the mountain tends to be windy (with wind blown blue ice areas on the slopes)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy