Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - La Turche Area

Poster: A snowHead
Hi There

I'm looking for accommodation in Les Gets for New Year, can anyone tell me if it is possible to ski down to ESF meeting place from the La Turche area?? I know the apartment I am looking at is near a ski lift. The address is La Boule de Neige - Residence - 890, route de La Turche - 74260 Les Gets. I'm sure someone will know it?????? I'm sure those of you will appreciate how important an easy trip to ski school in the morning is!!

Many thanks in advanace!!

Jo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I remember it, the ski bus would probably be the best option to get from La Turche to the ski school meeting place in Les Gets.

I think it's possible to ski it, but involves at least a couple of lifts and quite a bit of skiing?? So depends if there is enough time, if the lifts have started early enough?

But I'm saying that by remembering the place from memory. Hopefully someone who knows better will be along soon to confirm (or disagree) Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jo reuben, I think, unless the recent remodelling has changed it beyond all recognition that you can get from where you are directly to the ski school via a slow traverse with maybe a bunny lift to help.

Better, assuming it opens early enough, ski down to catch the Turche lift and drop in from the top.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There might be a meeting point for ESF in La Turche itself, separate from the one in the centre of Les Gets?

http://www.esf-lesgets.com/ski-school-les-gets/ski-school/lieux-de-rendez-vous.jsp?language=en_US

I was thinking of the one in the centre of Les Gets!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it's the bus, 2 an hour for you unless you have afternoon ski school. Best restaurant is up the hill at la turche, la paika, the BBQ chicken is fantastic, as are the cakes worth going to L G just to go there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jo reuben, in general no, you can't ski down to ESF meeting place from La Turche without at least two quite long lifts and two runs down, one quite long indeed. Even I wouldn't try it for a 9.15 start.

To get to the ESF from Boule de Neige would involve about a 10 minute clip clop down the Route de la Turche, then right at the ALpina Hotel up a little lane that brings you out over the bottom of the main pistes into town, whence you can traverse to the ski school. But I wouldn't recommend it in a hurry.

Quote:

Best restaurant is up the hill at la turche, la paika

Quite true. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jo reuben, ski bus would be better option - for the last few years the timing has been that it goes to La Turche at quarter to and quarter past the hour, then comes up past us near the school and back down at about 55 to and 25 past, aiming to be down by the Chavannes lifts by eg 9 or 9.30. Should then give you time to walk along to the ESF meeting place by 9.15

Only been a problem to us when ski schools have met at 9 and then too tight with timing to risk it -
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone - really really helpful!! I wasn't even aware there was an ESF meeting point up there! I'll look into that!

Not sure I can face the ski bus in a morning with so many little people carrying skis! I might carry on looking for accommodation, 11 of us this time so not many options. Does anyone know if there is a shop/supermarket in La Turche??

Ta Jo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jo reuben, not a good one. Besides, you'd be halfway between La Turche and the main part of the village. It would be a walk either way. If you're self-catering I'm sure you can find accomodation on the tourist office web site better suited to your needs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jo reuben, I know some agencies and an operator, who offer accommodation in Les Gets - drop me a PM if any help and I'll send you the details
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anniepen, would love the details but I have no idea how to send you a private message!!!! Still looking for accommodation!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jo reuben, Top right click on send/read messages. Then post new message.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jo reuben, I'll send it to YOU Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jo reuben, sent you a PM yesterday with some suggestions
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone!!!
snow conditions
PS - think I might have found somewhere!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
jo reuben, looking forward to hearing where!

Noticed a couple of weeks ago that they have extended and improved the main ESF building.
snow report
Found a fab apartment in the Lion Do'r building near the church I think - from an agency suggested by Anniepen. Also got another smaller apartment for some other friends joining us. We really wanted to be in the village this year.

Thanks for your help everyone!
snow report
jo reuben, excellent news - glad to have helped! Thanks for your PM too Very Happy

Have a fab time
latest report
jo reuben, good location in the old village Very Happy Well placed for main lifts. We're there over New Year so might bump into you!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy