Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Childcare for a 9 month old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be in La Plagne 1800 this January but it is our first time in this resort and the first time our daughter will be coming skiing with us. Since I got a whole week in Val D' last year while the other half was bored and preggo in the village, our plan was for me to do the bulk of the childcare early in the week while she was in ski school. The towards then end of the week put the little one in some form of childcare for a few full days so we could ski together.

Has anyone who has been in a similar scenario done anything similar or have any better ideas for how to plan the week?

Also I have had a brief look at the childcare options in resort and at the moment can find anything that would allow us just a few full days. Its either just a full week or a week of half days. So:

Does anyone have any recommendations for childcare in La Plange (we are in 1800 but can get the bus). Either for just a few days or good value options for the whole week?

Thanks for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think your best bet is going to be with Esprit who have a chalets with a nursery underneath in 1800 if I recall correctly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark warner have an extensive operation in La Plagne centre. Have shared lifts with their Nannies on a few occasions and without exception they seem to actually care for and entertain the kids. Other than that I know no more.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to clarify - We already have an independent chalet booked. We are just investigating options for childcare separately. Going with a group of 16 with only one baby means that a child friendly package tour is not the best idea!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahhh - from memory most of the non-to creches were in Plagne Centre and over in Belle Plagne. You may need to take the bus up in the morning to P.C - has probably all changed since I worked there in 2005/6
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Going with a group of 16 with only one baby

how about bribing your friends to do a short spell each? wink

Your chalet operator/owner might well have some useful contacts in-resort - a bit of baby sitting would be a nice job for someone doing some odds and ends over a season, I would think.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flet©h, IF you aren't going on a peak week, ask the TO's if they have a space in their creche's.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Going with a group of 16 with only one baby

how about bribing your friends to do a short spell each? wink
Skiing vs missing one of your 6 skiing days per year to look after someone elses baby? I'm not sure we could afford the size of that bribe. I'm not sure the Qatari world cup bid team could afford that bribe!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

We've got a chalet in Plagne Village and we work with Snow Little who offer in chalet childcare. They are based in the valley but work with loads of independant chalet operators so sure they'd come to 1800 if they come to us.

http://www.snowlittle.moonfruit.com/

You can book one day, or a week of half days, and loads of other options, including tailor made packages if you know what you want.

There is no childcare in 1800 but there is a good creche in Plagne Centre which is an easy bus trip from 1800. It is french run (speak enough english for bookings/toilet etc) with all french children and parents, so fine if your child is used to creche and is fairly confident but not a good option if it's her first time being left.

CHALET JARDIN D'ENFANTS
73210 LA PLAGNE

Tél. : 04 79 09 04 75

Hope one of those helps - and that you have a great holiday.
Heather
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Snow and Sunshine, very helpful. The Chalet Jardin D'Enfants is exactly what we are looking for, however from looking on their website it appears they only start from age 2. Do you have any experience of clients using them for younger children? I'll contact them as well but it would be useful to know if people have experience of this being achievable.

Snowlittle look good but expensive if there is only one child as its a Nanny rather than a creche.

So far it looks as though the only possibility of a creche is the TOs so hopefully they will be up for in as its a non peak week. Anyone else with any ideas?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Flet©h,

I don't know of anyone with an under 2 who's tried the creche so no feedback either way I'm afraid. And, not wanting to rain on your party, TO creche licenses normally only cover their company so it's unlikely that you'll be able to book in unless the TO you are travelling with has a creche.

If it's a non peak week my best suggestion would be to call snowlittle and try to haggle a bit!

Good luck . . .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh well - I'll try anyway but will be prepared to disappointed as are going independent. Thanks for your help.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck - my fingers are crossed for you!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there room in your chalet for 1 extra? How much are you prepared to pay? We did a deal with my Sil she paid for flights we paid for the alartment hire and transfer (from memory) we shared the childcare between us. My daughter was 17 months the time. Is it possible to do a similar deal with somebody?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy