Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Shadowing in Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just finished my BASI Alpine level 1 course at MK and now need to complete my 35 hours shadowing. I'm going to Les Arcs over Xmas for 11days. Is there any chance of finding a BASI recognised instructor/ski school I can shadow there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Generation are based in Peisey/Vallandry - would be worth getting in touch.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Perfect! That's where we're staying, in the Mont Blanc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did some of my shadowing hours with NewGen in Vallandry. I'm sure they will be happy to let you shadow some of their group lessons. Get in touch with John Thomas, who is Head of the NewGen school there, via their website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, while you're there, is it generally possible to ski down to Peisey at Christmas time? I've got friends who are thinking of going then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, We've stayed in Plan Peisey several times over Christmas, and while we've had no problem skiing down to Plan Peisey, it would not have been possible to get right down to Peisey on skis.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
genepi, thanks! I'll pass the message on. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
genepi, actually, I'm a bit confused now. They're looking at a chalet in Peisey/Nancroix. Not sure where that is...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica wrote:
genepi, actually, I'm a bit confused now. They're looking at a chalet in Peisey/Nancroix. Not sure where that is...

Try this paragraph from a very long TR - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223

"So this is an odd point to put in a TR, but the overall 'branding' of this resort appears a little unusual to a first-time visitor. The whole areas is known and marketed as Peisey-Vallandry but then there are different villages with similar names that initially appear to conflict / confuse. However once you understand the history then it does appear more self-explanatory. As you come up from the N90 the villages in order are Landry, Peisey, Moulin then you can turn right to the village of Nancroix (sometimes called Peisey-Nancroix) or turn left to go up the hill to Vallandry & Plan Peisey. The lower villages of Peisey, Moulin & Nancroix are the older villages in the area, and probably have been around for hundreds of years with farming whereas the higher villages of Plan-Peisey and Vallandry were probably only developed once the rush for 'whitegold' was in earnest. Collectively the whole-area is marketed as 'Peisey-Vallandry' comprising those villages mentioned - clear?"

Or if you're more a visual person http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/documents/plan_vallee.pdf (note pdf)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedantica, it is rare to be able to ski to Nancroix at Christmas. It's not often you can do it at any other time tbh. But the yoghurt pots connecting them to the Vanoise station are there for that very purpose. It is more of a "real" village than ski station.

HTH
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, Arctic Roll, thanks very much!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pedantica, just to be a little clearer (!), the yoghurt pots are from Peisey Nancroix to Plan Peisey.

Nancroix (with no Peisey) is a bit further up the valley, and IIRC you have to get a bus - or at least we did last time we got there coming from the itineaire route off Col de la Chal. Make sure your friends know which one they are booking into...

Frankly, your best best is looking on Google Earth! 45°32'47.04"N , 6°45'21.13"E - look for the Vanoise express in Plan P, and then you'll see two pairs of 'pots' a few metres apart on their way down / up to P-Nancroix.

HTH
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedantica, The entire commune is called Peisey Nancroix - comprising Peisey, Moulin, Nancroix, Villaret & Plan Peisey! The yoghurt pots actually go from Villaret up to Plan Peisey. I know Freddie Paellahead stayed in a chalet last season that described itself as being in Peisey Nancroix, but was in Villaret. Its very confusing...Vallandry is in the commune of Landry - which is the reason some of the lifts stop where they do - if the Plan Peisey lift went any higher, it would finish on Vallandry territory, & hence their commune would get the taxes from the lift! I love French politics Smile Are you completely confused now?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
genepi, Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy