Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting a snowboard on a Flybe Flight ???!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI,

Im due to fly with Flybe to Chambery from Birmingham in January. Ive been told that I need to show up at the airport with my snowboard and that Flybe will put it on the plane if theres room and then Ill need to pay £30 each way

Has anyone got any experience on their boards not being accepted onto a flight. My holiday is going to be pants without my board !!!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never had an issue with my skis before (even when taking skis bigger than the 'limits'). You can book it on in advance too btw...

Edit: I often end up on the small planes too (fly a few times a year with them, for the last couple of years). OTOH, I've never seen anyone else fly skis out of Aberdeen with them so maybe there's just more room left over for me...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 15-08-11 17:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow_badger,

Quote:

Flybe will put it on the plane if theres room

If that is what they say then be prepared for it to be left behind.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Achilles did a nice summary somewhere but basically FlyBe use small planes so there's a lot less physical space on board for oversize luggage, it's not just them saying it to 'scare you off'.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flew with Flybe about three years ago over new year and booked ski carriage in advance. Two days before we were due to fly we were told we could not take our new gear that we had got for christmas on the flight. Apparently space was limited and they said they were off loading on a first come first serve basis. Even that wasn't true as people who had booked after us had not been told that they couldn't bring skis and boards. When we landed at Innsbruck, we found that no skis or boards were actually put on the plane due to weight restrictions. They turned up three days later. Personally I ensure I NEVER fly with flybe.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy