Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz (San Vigilio)-Ski Schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have finally booked for this winter. Good value flights and car hire via Verona balanced by expensive hotel (I seem to have picked a peak week...).

Not many postings on this resort so I will report fully on return.

Anyone got any experience of the ski schools there ?

Any other useful information welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi there,
we've booked up for week beginning 10 Feb. looking to put our kids into ski school. not much info on the resort as you say. should be exciting !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Myself and friends used ski school in San Vigilio April/Easter last spring for all our kids. The ski school was great - we phoned them prior to going and booked places for the kids and just came and paid on the first morning. One of the kids didn't get on too well with the ski school as she didn't progress as quickly as the others and they gave her pretty much a private lesson to get her up to standard. Bit chaotic on the 1st morning, but i've never been to a ski school on the 1st morning that isn't so no more than usual while they're sorting out the groups and teh kids are hesitent, etc. but after that it was fine : and they all loved the race on the last day with brilliant trophies for the winners, medels for everyone. Nothing negative to say at all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you been to San Vigilio before? I'm going back this year (twice I hope) for about the 5th year running. Ski schools - not had personal experience of them but others in our group have had private lessons from the school at the bottom of the Miara run (by the main lift pass office in San Vigilio). Others have had both skiing and boarding lessons from a ski school on the top of Kronplatz. Where are you staying in SV?
If you are not full board, try the Fana Ladina one night for some local Ladin food. We go as a group and ask for a selection of Ladin foods so everyone gets to try delicacies like Doughnuts with mincemeat and poppy seeds (it really is good).
Miara must be about the best slope anywhere to learn on. And even beginners can get around easily as there are so many gondolas (so you can travel down as well as up). For beginners returning to SV from Kronplatz just watch out for the old two man chair Ra Ra - if you ask they will slow it down for beginners to dismount or you can do a short walk to bypass it.
Loads of excellent huts to eat at - I especially like Ucia Bivacco on the SV side of Kronplatz mountain and Oberegger Alm on the Olang side, but there are plenty of good ones.
If you have transport, go and do the 'Hidden Valley' run in the Dolomites main area.
They do floodlit skiing and a toboggan run on, I think, Thursday and Sunday evenings (better check dates haven't changed if interested).
Watch out for the Snow Sculpture competition in town - very high standard (international)

And have a brilliant time. Need any more info?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
al.mce, We spent 4 days skiing Kronplatz (trip 14-19 Dec 2012) just before Christmas. Stayed in Riscone/Reischach at hotel Krondlhof. Minibus took us the 1/2 mile or so to the lifts so really easy access. Our 19 yearold hadn't skiied for nearly 2 years and after day 1 in snow and cloud he was feeling in need of a technique boost. So we booked a 1 1/2 hour private lesson for him in the skischool Kronplatz office with the lesson to start at the office at the top plateau where all the lifts meet. He found the lesson really useful - pitched just how he needed so he was a satisfied customer. He was able to ski just about everything in the 4 days - blacks and all - whereas my husband and I contented ourselves with the non-black options! I would agree that Miara is a lovely slope to learn on - though at Reischach there is a long gentle run at valley level and its accessed via gondola not the usual drag lifts - though its an up only gondola but in truth you could walk down if neccessary!
Happy to try and answer other queries
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy