Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer in Saas Fee - and getting there and back !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saas fee in Summer is, if possible, more outstandingly beautiful than when coevred in snow.

Nice week, again with Esprit, in their Annahof. All as normal with the Esprit system, although i sense (with not too much evidence) that they might be seeing budget pressure. Meals seemed smaller than in January and one or 2 other minor things that just got me thinking. Those that have been to Annahof before, there were a group of architects/owners having long discussions about major changes to the back downstairs areas (ski room, child care room, sauna area etc,. that shoudl be completed before winter (might seem a bit optimistic) but would be a welcome improvement.

Switzerland is still supremely expensive.

Did 3 really good walks with Mrs sev112 - from Hanning all thr way round teh resort at quite a high level and down into the moraines and glacial lake (that you dont really see when it is covered in snow); also from Langfluh down to the resort; and a cracker (which i certainly wasnt callin at teh time) down from PLattjen and then round down into Saas Almegell - basically a very steep and very long descent down rockface tracks, rockfall and scree areas and then forest.

Stooped off just south east of Troyes at Jn 22 near Magnant
http://www.le-val-moret.com/uk/
About E80 for a 2 pax room. Motel style. They are currently building a swimming pool complex and sauna etc on the hill below the hotel which might be ready for winter. Rooms getting a little bit dated, but fine for an overnight. Small childrens' play area was useful. Wine list for the bar was expensive, but teh wine list in the restaurant had cheaper - very nice Bourgogne Aligote for 14E.
Diinner was the 15E Etape, and was very nice for 3 courses. A lovely piece of fish with some green beans (vegetables, in France ???) for my 7 year old. last healthy ish meal she had for 2 weeks (what is it with Europe thnking kids can only eat burgers or chiecken nuggets of cheese pizza all with chips ??)
Would stay there again.

On teh way back (via Lake Annecy) we stopped over at Maisons les Chaource, whcih is about 5 miles south of Chaource, which is about 10 miles south of Troyes.
http://www.logis-aux-maisons.com/
This is off the beaten track, but was lovely food and the room was very nicely recently dcoerated and air con if needed. Small swimming pool was nice, but there are a lot of wasps about.
They dont speak english very well, which was fun at dinner. Dinner was superb, if a tiny bit pricey.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy